Author Topic: What is the rarest lamp in your collection??  (Read 1864 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #15 on: March 13, 2024, 09:21:09 AM » Author: Rommie
I agree, but it's still silly  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #16 on: March 13, 2024, 09:52:10 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
Probably this?, they don’t come any rarer than an 18 watt SO/H!  :lol:
   :lol: Cool lamp though, pretty neat :lps:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2024, 09:54:37 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
;D ;D Does this not count then?  ::), it is rare, I can pretty much guarantee its the only one of it’s kind in the world?  :mrg:
  I guess it counts  ;D Rarest lamp in the whole world! Only one was ever made :lol:

LEDs are like an apocalypse! They slowly take over the world wiping out every other type of lamp and fixture!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #18 on: March 13, 2024, 11:32:30 AM » Author: AngryHorse
 ::) joking aside, I don’t think I have anything really rare?, I do have some 200 watt GLS lamps with ‘British Railways’ printed on the etch, I believe they were specifically made by Mazda for station platform lighting in the 50s?
They came out of Crewe Works along with some beautiful copper clad lamp holders about 26 years ago.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #19 on: March 13, 2024, 01:00:32 PM » Author: Philips tigkas
Cool! Nether do I think I have anything super rare. I've got some made in Greece bulbs, and some T12s but nothing really special. Just one 120w LINESTRA that I recently found for 24 EUR, that is going to be my next post.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #20 on: March 14, 2024, 01:16:48 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think my rarest lamps are my 60W SLI/H low pressure sodium lamps that luckily came with fixtures designed for them.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #21 on: March 14, 2024, 03:34:30 PM » Author: Maxim
I guess I have a few rare birds...

My polygonal GE HX10 lamps fall into that category, plus a bunch of 70s Philips Halogen (projector) lamps which I got at auction. Tons of unobtainium there but it's not like everyone wants a pack... definitely others that I'm blanking on (as my collection has grown significantly in the last couple of months.)

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. My Kyp-Go Balafire lamp, which was given to me by Patrick about a year ago. You should see what the prices are on eBay for them now...  :mrg: :poof: :o @-@
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:36:52 PM by Maxim » Logged

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #22 on: March 15, 2024, 03:58:55 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
Yea these  Kyp-Go Balafire lamps are so rare and interesting! I've also seen a video of this lamp that (Parrot175) made a couple of years ago. Very cool to have one of these! :bulbman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scp2bpruM-8

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #23 on: March 24, 2024, 06:15:13 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Probably either this Westinghouse Lifeguard /X

or this Westinghouse H25DE
« Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:18:01 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Philips tigkas

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #24 on: March 24, 2024, 06:38:08 AM » Author: Philips tigkas
WOW !!! :o These lamps are so cool and unique!

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #25 on: March 24, 2024, 08:10:27 PM » Author: BT25
For me it's THESE...two of five known world wide examples.  :bulbman:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #26 on: March 24, 2024, 10:18:44 PM » Author: Maxim
Eric, are they self-ballasted?? Or is this outlet prong looking thing the lamp base??? Neat no matter which scenario it is.  ;D ;D 8)

My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #27 on: March 24, 2024, 10:28:43 PM » Author: BT25
@ Maxim: Nope, they're not self ballasted...they require an S62 ballast to operate. :bulbman:

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #28 on: March 24, 2024, 10:49:52 PM » Author: Maxim
Thanks, Eric!  :bulbman: :bulbman:

Also, I love your new signature! I find that I pass all three sections of the Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease exam. I wonder from whom I received such a miraculous ability, to pass with such flying colors?  :mv: :mrg: :lol: ;D 8;)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What is the rarest lamp in your collection?? « Reply #29 on: March 25, 2024, 06:20:35 AM » Author: Rommie
And we have one, thanks so much, Eric, must get it out and run it up again soon.

The reason for the side prong base Maxim is the fact that they were designed for use in mines, and that design of base allowed the lamp to sit deeper in its fixture and also made for a more reliable connection. There were also incandescent lamps made with these bases.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies