Author Topic: Fluorescent light in trash  (Read 400 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Fluorescent light in trash « on: March 13, 2024, 10:00:54 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighbor through out a slimline fluorescent fixture with two Phillips Alto tubes with the green caps.

Is it worth getting? I would had grabbed it already, but it’s quite long, like 8 foot, so I’m not sure it will fit in car.

But I might go early in morning, before sunrise and try to pick it up.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 11:21:12 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I recommend getting it and saving it for your collection as anything non-LED is getting harder and harder to find.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 12:36:59 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
If you have space for it and you have the ability to, go for it!
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 12:39:00 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Managing space is one of the most difficult parts of being a collector nowadays because there is the constant fear that if you do not stock up on traditional non-LED light sources enough, there is the likelihood of them becoming unobtainium whenever you need replacements. In addition, there is also the constant fear of stores and online websites like eBay preventing you from buying anything that is not LED.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 12:41:44 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Maxim

View Posts
View Gallery

Stop replacing fixtures that can be retrofitted.

Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 12:09:46 AM » Author: Maxim
I'd try and grab it. I just recently picked up a few 8fters from the trash, and they turned out to be vintage beasts! And yes, storage grows to become an issue, but say for my 8fters (which I already have in my basement) I have a dedicated space in one corner for all 8ft lamps (and so I neatly stacked the fittings I acquired on top of one another, and placed lamps on top).

Order is everything.

Collector of all kinds of lamps, gear, and fixtures.
My favorite lighting technologies at the moment are incandescent and mercury vapor, and my favorite Big 3 lighting brand of the late 20th century is GTE Sylvania.

About that Westinghouse Lifeguard disease, I think I've caught it. Thanks Eric! 8)

BGPATTERSON403

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 12:10:25 PM » Author: BGPATTERSON403
8 foot bulbs can still be had here in Calgary so I take 8 foot fixtures from to be demolished commercial buildings if I see them. 3 rows of these light up my garage nice
Richmond2000

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60HZ

Re: Fluorescent light in trash « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2024, 03:15:44 PM » Author: Richmond2000
since the "import ban" in Canada I have actually found MORE FLORO tubes at the hardware stores
picked up a BOX of F40T12 tubes a few weeks ago in a Canadian tire store
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies