Author Topic: 2024 Solar Eclipse  (Read 644 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
2024 Solar Eclipse « on: April 08, 2024, 04:14:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not sure how many people saw it, but over here in Dayton, we got to see the Total Eclipse. That was insane. I took my bike out and managed to shoot video
of it as it was happening. From daylight to night time comparable darkness... in a matter of minutes. Various street lights, parking lot lights, etc, began to
illuminate. I didn't think of this until it was far too late, but I MISSED an opportunity to shoot video of the parking lot lights at Walgreens firing up, as
those ones are still Metal Halide. Same with the wallpacks on the building.  :slap: << Suzukir122 is an idiot. I'll have to film them sometime during dusk,
someday. Video space was low, so I had to use lower resolution to be able to film a little more.
But yeah... my location was at Walmart for the majority of the video. I'll create and post a video of the encounter if you guys are interested.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 04:22:04 PM » Author: rjluna2
Cool 8)

I saw it where I worked.  It was at peak at 15:04 this afternoon at 85% coverage.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 04:26:38 PM » Author: suzukir122
The complete blackout was here at about 3:05, I think. It unraveled way, waaaayyy faster than I thought it would.
Easily one of the most memorable moments I've ever encountered in my life.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #3 on: April 08, 2024, 04:49:42 PM » Author: rjluna2
Cheers, suzukir122 8;)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 10:07:22 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We had about 80% totality at around 1:50pm cst today, was cool to see. Stepped out of class with the rest of the school and watched it, had a good time messing around with my friends in the semi dark for 20 odd minutes. I watched 2017 back when i lived near dc, that also happened to be the day I found my ken rad flood lamps. Unfortunately none appeared for me today. :P Definitely some fun memories made today.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 10:30:28 PM » Author: suzukir122
I think ours was about 80 percent as well, possibly 85, maybe even 90 percent. It was intense! And I have it on video. It's a shame that I chose the
wrong parking lot though, lighting wise. Video confirmed though, ours was total around 3:10pm. (I mentioned this in the video)
This ended up being a lighting related day as well, to my surprise. Just a few minutes ago, my last remaining GE Constant Color 20w CMH lamp,
which I've used almost everyday since 2015, went EOL at complete random.

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #6 on: April 08, 2024, 11:46:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Columbus was right on the edge for totality. It was only dark for a couple of seconds tho .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 12:03:48 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Nope, I didn't get to see it. I'm too far west.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:55:16 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 04:08:33 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-lite 1000, That's interesting that Columbus was only dark for a couple seconds. I bet timing was not long enough for the street, parking lot and building lights to begin firing up, unlike with us here in Dayton.
@LightsoftheWest, so now I know that a buddy of mine over at Washington State also didn't get to see the eclipse. It's a shame. He use to live in Dayton.  :'-)
He missed out pretty bad... the eclipse was unforgettable.
I'm still in shock with how perfectly covered the sun was. The moon was literally right at the center. Perfectly centered.

Interests:

LightsAreBright27

View Posts
View Gallery

Cheap LED Assassin

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 10:42:35 AM » Author: LightsAreBright27
Not so fun fact - in India it was never visible due to geographic reasons :( . Never saw it in person and only saw through livestreams.

Holder of the rare and sacred :sfl: F10T12/BL :sfl: lamps here!
Also known as LAB27 for short.
245v 50Hz

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 12:56:48 PM » Author: suzukir122
@LightsAreBright27, that's interesting/unfortunate. The Solar Eclipse in person is much, much better than in video. Even if the video was filmed
in 4k 60FPS... in person, it's absolutely so much more breath taking. It's a shame that India never gets to see it.

Interests:

HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 03:18:38 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I got to see the partial eclipse. It made all of the colors look weird (to be honest it looked like a picture taken with Kodachrome film).

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it
HID Fixtures should stay HID, but I think LED is fine too.
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
-Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022-

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 04:58:35 PM » Author: suzukir122
@HIDLad001, I know what you mean. It was like that for a little while before the Total Eclipse took effect. My phone, no matter how hard I tried,
could not capture what I was seeing when the sun was halfway blocked.
Man I wish I could go back in time to see the Total Eclipse again. From what I've read, the next one will not arrive for the U.S until 20... years from now.

Interests:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 11:03:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 If you looked at the path of totality , Columbus was right on the outside edge . And since I'm on the south side of Columbus , we just barely missed out !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2024 Solar Eclipse « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 04:51:25 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
It was very..unimpressive here.  The Eclipse this past October was much more enjoyable and while it was not a total eclipse, it had some neat effects as it looked more chrome colored all around.  But wasn't all that big of a deal.  Just another day. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies