Author Topic: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital  (Read 2734 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « on: September 12, 2010, 04:11:03 PM » Author: dor123
Min zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L_6jt_hxFU
Max zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp2dqixbrpE
Why rectifications don't triggers the starter?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:02:57 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 06:59:25 AM » Author: dor123
Today (16.9.2010), the electrician replaced this rectifying lamp, with a new 36W T8 lamp. But the lamp didn't lit (Not even preheated). So the electrician pulled the starter out and the starter started to do several bright flashes.
Once the electrician installed a new starter, the lamp is lit.
What happened? Was the starter dead? If yes, why rectification kills the starter?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 08:04:40 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

SuperSix

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL P42STUFF supersix94
Re: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 12:54:23 PM » Author: SuperSix
I doubt it was the rectification that killed the starter, the fact that is was rectifying and not flashing would indicate that the starter is already dead. Normally a good working starter would cause a dying tube to flash on and off continuously as the contacts open and close.

I'm guessing that the tube was left flashing repeatedly as the starter contacts open and close to the point where the starter failed with the contacts open and just left the tube rectifying.

Atlas Lamps - Seeing Is Believing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/P42STUFF

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 09:01:10 PM » Author: DieselNut
Does the T8 lamp not ruin the ballast?  The ones we have in USA would destroy our preheat ballasts, if they would even light.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

SuperSix

View Posts
View Gallery

ATL P42STUFF supersix94
Re: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 03:43:13 AM » Author: SuperSix
Does the T8 lamp not ruin the ballast?  The ones we have in USA would destroy our preheat ballasts, if they would even light.

Nope, all the European krypton energy saver tubes are retrofits for T12s on switchstart/preheat circuits.

Atlas Lamps - Seeing Is Believing!

http://www.youtube.com/user/P42STUFF

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: A T12 of 40W rectifies on a preheat system in the storage of Carmel hospital « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 08:00:39 AM » Author: dor123
@Eliot_240: This T12 of 40W didn't flashed on/off before starting to continuously filcker 50hz.
The lamp continued to do so several days until it was replaced.
One end was completely clear while the other was blackened.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:02:44 AM by dor123 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies