Author Topic: Lighting Interest  (Read 3061 times)
dp
Lighting Interest « on: December 22, 2006, 10:53:13 AM » Author: dp
What were you're friends\family etc do when you told them you have an interest in streetlighting or lighting in general?

A couple of days ago I was with my workmate at a streetlamp and e were away to go in the bucket to fix the light and we were intercepted by an elderly woman and she was asking for my life story etc etc and I said I was interested in lighting and she was shocked for some reason and she was shocked even more when I sid my main interest was in streetlighting. I just said that she wouldn't care if I told her I had an interest in electricity in general.

What is so unusual about having an interest in lighting and nothing unusual about electricity. I don't get it  ???

Anyway, fortunately my friends and family don't mind.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Lighting Interest « Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 05:03:53 PM » Author: prawnman88
friends and family think i have a very unique as do others on here  collection hobby !   my mom actually really likes her light in her front yard and friends at work think wow thats weird but i said ok u collect baseball cards i collect streetlights what reallt is the difference ? size i said when u think about it they both burn :) so anyhow they like it and support me and always want me to becareful. and a close friend thinks i was a moth in a previous life :)  :P
dp
Re: Lighting Interest « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 07:05:21 PM » Author: dp
My mom is happy about it but she doesn't like when I experiment with the kitchen fixture LOL ;D
dp
Re: Lighting Interest « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 06:27:21 PM » Author: dp
I agree, some people I know said that they are dumbfounded when I told them about my interest!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lighting Interest « Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 12:06:26 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
My parents knew I was intestrested in lightbulbs and electricty when I was little.......but back then when I was little, little they knew I would actually be a collector as I am!!!!!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Augustine

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lighting Interest « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:27:03 AM » Author: Augustine
With my weird interest nothing surprises people that know me.  I have been fascinated with things like this since I was a small child.  Only recently have I really become interested in types of lamps but my love of things to do with electricity goes way back.  I've collected insulators (glass, porcelain, gigantic modern ones, knob and tube insulators &c) since I was a child.  When I got my own house I replaced half of the light switches with push button light switches.  And recently I 'upgraded' my kitchen light to a Circline fluorescent fixture with bare bulbs. 

Nope, no one that knows me is surprised with what I find interesting :-)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies