Author Topic: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!!  (Read 6211 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 12:04:41 PM » Author: AngryHorse
How do you tell if your a light nut?
Hmm, I guess for me it must be the fact that a have to be the only person in my town, (maybe county), that runs metal halide lamps for general household lighting.

Either that or the fact that if you look at the rear of all the houses in my street, every one has a PIR halogen for their garden light, (tools of Satan! ;D), and you get to my garden, lit up with a 250watt HPS in a road lighting fixture!! ::)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 11:22:57 PM » Author: funkybulb
 your a lighting nuts

If you have a street light that no one else ever seen in your country. like my thorn stradalux ;D

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 03:25:13 PM » Author: BG101
I've had a few comments about having a lamp post in the back yard! However without it the whole area is in pitch darkness so the immediate neighbours appreciate it. Mine's only 80W however!

Many people overlook just how important lighting really is in our modern lives, it's just one of those things that people seem to take for granted, like radio, TV or computers. Most people are satisfied if they switch it on and it works, unlike us lot who have a deeper interest in lighting (and other) technology!

BG

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:27 PM » Author: mrboojay
Hmm...every time you see the number 96 you think of a slimline tube and when you play a video game that has customisable lighting you got crazy with it (Eg. Lamps that can be placed).

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 10:32:03 PM » Author: paintballer22
I always look for the lighting section in every store I go into. I look at lights in public places. I have at least one light bulb in my truck at all times.
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 07:05:21 PM » Author: BG101
Many of my eBay searches (and a fair proportion of submissions on search engines) is lighting related. I probably have enough discharge lamps to light the whole block! :D

Brian

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #21 on: January 10, 2013, 01:18:14 PM » Author: Powell
I saw a large car that had F40CW as the license. I told the man that he must sell fluorescent lamps. He said I was *THE* only one that knew that.....  :)

NNNN!

jorgus
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2013, 12:46:58 PM » Author: jorgus
hi everybody,

this topic seems to me ideal to introduce myself btw...  8)

well, i started collecting streetlamps and other lighting stuff at the age of 14/15 to the joy
of my 'poor' daddy, because most of them were planted into his garden with their original posts.
after leaving my hometown for studying, i lost the interest in collecting lamps & lights and my
parents sold their house, what meant to be the end of it. only a handful of mv bulbs and two
55w sox lamps were saved and they're still existing. 
but after all, i never stop looking for streetlights, especially in foreign countries. as we say
in germany: 'an old love never rust', and after finding a very nice old lantern (TB200 style)via
ebay pure coincidentally, this fever came back almost two weeks ago and now i'm ready to start again.

is this enough to be called a 'light nut'? ;D

greets,

jorgus

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #23 on: January 08, 2020, 04:53:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We are both lighting nuts (thankfully) and have recently spent way too much money on lamps recently, especially LPS ones.!!! ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #24 on: January 09, 2020, 04:20:44 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I light the internals of my house with HPS, Sox and mv.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #25 on: January 09, 2020, 04:24:41 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I light the internals of my house with HPS, Sox and mv.
SNAP.!  :D

So do we, at the moment we have two 35W SOX lanterns lit and an old MBF/U lamp from 1954 lit  ;D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies