Author Topic: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!!  (Read 6463 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « on: January 05, 2007, 05:20:37 PM » Author: prawnman88
im looking at streetlights when im driving and my wife's yelling at me to watch the road !!!!!!  when family is talking to me im always looking up like im loooking for ufo's !!! ::) :) ;) :D
AE125Series
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 12:53:39 PM » Author: AE125Series
I was once with my sister and she noticed I always looked up at lights and one night when she walked me up the town she was like "Why do you keep looking up to streetlights? There you go again you looked up!" and I'm like "So what? I am looking at a streetlamp. The world isn't going to end!" LOL  ::) :o :D ;)
mr_big
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 09:33:55 PM » Author: mr_big
Every time I talk to my family about streetlights my dad always wants me to stop but I won't though. ;)
mr_big
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 09:53:35 PM » Author: mr_big
I always look up at the lights and my sister is always like what are you going to do if it falls on you and I tell her it won't fall on me
She's also constantly staring at my fluorescents
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 07:47:19 PM by mr_big » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:12:58 PM » Author: Silverliner
My mom gets overwhelmed when I add another street light to my street light collection but I still love them! ;D

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:51:57 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
My mom gets overwhelmed when I add another street light to my street light collection but I still love them! ;D

Dave...exactly the same for me!!!! Streetlight + Mom = a bit of trouble!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 09:35:40 PM » Author: lite_lover
When I was younger, my parents used to say to me that my head & neck were going to be permanently bent back or I might trip and fall over something from looking up at the streetlights.

The brighter the better.

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #7 on: July 24, 2008, 10:52:21 PM » Author: gmercury2000
The last few days my Mom has asked me as soon as I walk in the door "what did you bring home now" Jace and a few others know what I'm talking about. ;D
Brisluminous
Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:22:50 AM » Author: Brisluminous
Whole shed is full of vintage street lights. You have to step over them to get to anything else.

Oh and like most of you, always lookin' up  ::) ::)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 11:32:15 AM » Author: Ash
I guess i have double the questions because i also bring home computer hardware i find in trash, not only lights....
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #10 on: September 12, 2012, 12:15:16 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
Well, with everyone else, always looking up. And when watching TV shows, I look for lights. A GE soft white package on Drake & Josh, an 8 foot strip light on The Monkees, etc. ;D

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 02:10:07 PM » Author: Ash
And metal halides lighting up Hogwarts ^_^

Look in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - the scene in the Defence against Dark Arts class after Lupin took the map from Snape (shortly after 1/2 of the film). The white light in the window is suddenly brigher - a cycling halide restrikes outside ?

"Earlier on it showed someone in the castle. Someone who i known to be dead"
<-- HERE -->
"Really who might that be"
DetroitTwoStroke

View Posts
View Gallery

Luke

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 01:57:18 AM » Author: DetroitTwoStroke
Metal halides in Hogwarts! I didn't notice that one. I'll have to look for that the next time it's on TV. Oh, and during the opening theme of the first season of Three's Company, a TV show from the '70s, there is what appears to be an incandescent streetlight. Perhaps someone here can identify it.

Pride and quality workmanship should lie behind manufacturing, not greed.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:08 AM » Author: funkybulb
When you go to any store the first place you look is in the lamps section of the store.
and you always have bulbs/lamps in your car

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

f40t12preheat

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how to tell if u are a light nut!!!!!! « Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 04:04:32 PM » Author: f40t12preheat
whenever I get to go to a hardware store the first thing I look at is the lighting section

:mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv: :mv:

DON'T BAN T-12 BULBS MV OR MAGNETIC BALLASTS
ELECTRONIC BALLASTS ARE JUNK!
ALTOS ARE JUNK
SELF BALLASTED CFLS ARE BAD QUALITY

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies