Author Topic: Where are the pictures?  (Read 1689 times)
magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Where are the pictures? « on: November 12, 2010, 08:07:31 AM » Author: magslight
Well in fact I don't wanted to start a new topic, but I don't saw a similar question or message open for all members in L-G.net about. My question is where are the pictures of some members's face? Or better asked: Which reason was it to delete them?
That phanomen is not only by one member, it is by minimal four men.
I just want to know the reason, cause it looks like that something is happened and the admins had to do something. Thanks for any information.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Where are the pictures? « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 08:30:09 AM » Author: rjluna2
Apparently the most recent web site got corrupted and one of the administrator had to restore the back-up files.  I guess we need to start all over again :-\

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Godo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where are the pictures? « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:18:17 AM » Author: Godo
Oh, I thought, that I did something wrong while uploading fotos, that few of my pictures and some comments are gone :( Now I see, that it is not my own problem :( Well, that's not very serious, if thees pictures wouldn't be restored, I'll put them to my galleries one more time :)
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where are the pictures? « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 11:28:42 AM » Author: Medved
It seems, then the reason for missing pictures are indeed technical issues with the web, but i think site rules are not much in favor of personal images anyway, so better reconsider posting them again...
And have to agree with that: LG is intended to show pictures of lamps, lanterns, fixtures, schematic drawings and other really lightning related stuff, so i would not "contaminate" it by anything unrelated...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:30:16 AM by Medved » Logged

No more selfballasted c***

DaveMan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Where are the pictures? « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 02:04:59 PM » Author: DaveMan
As you guys may have noticed, something has wiped out all the pictures, comments and forum posts from sometime Tuesday to this morning. This topic is being further discussed in another thread, as seen here. I have contacted Patrick and I'm awaiting a response so that we can see whether or not the situation is fixable. Any further discussion will be in the other thread that I just linked and I will lock this particular one here. In the meantime, the only advice I can give you guys is to sit tight, prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 12:09:10 PM by pjc » Logged

David L.
Administrator, Lighting-Gallery.net

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Where are the pictures? « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 05:28:40 PM » Author: Patrick
We did not delete any of the photos or messages.  My guess is that something went wrong at the hosting company, and they had to restore a backup copy of the database, but my understanding is that they have daily backups and should have notified if a problem like this was to occur.  I've called them and am waiting for a response.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies