Author Topic: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info...  (Read 6780 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info... « Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:31 AM » Author: FGS
That's might be so. However I will never be able to buy an utility company even if I won the lottery. They cost billions of dollars.

All just my dream. ;D

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info... « Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 05:01:45 PM » Author: Medved
I think the big part of the ban is the poor efficacy. But not saying the efficacy of PROPERLY operated merc's is poor, but the efficacy of AVERAGE maintained ones is really bad. All this, because the way merc's behave at end of their life: They are only a bit dimmer. And you might explain thousand times, then after 4yrs they have to be relamped, but you get an answer "Why, it still work". So 80% of private merc's is so blackened, then they are barely visible alone... Funny thing is, then the same case is for now promoted LED's... :-)

No more selfballasted c***

chapman84
Re: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info... « Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 05:05:30 PM » Author: chapman84
Utility companies would get hefty fines if they used mercs with probe start metal halide ballasts. You definitely don't want to mess with the government.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:14:09 PM by chapman84 » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info... « Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 11:32:03 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I think the big part of the ban is the poor efficacy. But not saying the efficacy of PROPERLY operated merc's is poor, but the efficacy of AVERAGE maintained ones is really bad. All this, because the way merc's behave at end of their life: They are only a bit dimmer. And you might explain thousand times, then after 4yrs they have to be relamped, but you get an answer "Why, it still work". So 80% of private merc's is so blackened, then they are barely visible alone... Funny thing is, then the same case is for now promoted LED's... :-)

This wasn't totally the case in the 70s.....70s MV would stay bright for like 15 years or so due to the Lifeguard feature in Westy lamps, and other brands using their own feature name brand..

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Continued: Can mercs be saved and other info... « Reply #19 on: February 26, 2023, 01:04:46 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 17 years after the start of the original topic and pretty much all of the previously mentioned light sources are either gone or going !  :DeAtH:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies