Author Topic: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light?  (Read 6328 times)
form109
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #15 on: February 21, 2007, 01:30:41 PM » Author: form109
I might act like this kid in this video (see this rather amusing video)

I would be like that because they would be so rare!
form109
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 05:47:22 PM » Author: form109
when i find an Unexpected MV Streetligh,the first thing i do is take a picture of it! :)
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 11:54:06 AM » Author: Foxtronix
During a trip to Quebec city 2 months ago, I saw a few mercury streetlights in the 20 (highway) while going back to Riviere-du-Loup. They were all clear mercury. That was just beautiful. 8)

chapman84
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 06:20:33 PM » Author: chapman84
I found a Westinghouse OV-15 mercury vapor light that the city missed over 20 years ago and it's the ONLY old streetlight left in the city. 
DimBulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 01:58:15 AM » Author: DimBulb
I recently found a small neighborhood here in San Diego lit with 400W clear mercs!!! San Diego changed to sodium in the 1980s. It was night when I first drove through that area, I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!!!!

My very first word was LIGHT!

mdschmier

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 10:47:40 PM » Author: mdschmier
I found a few mercs in communities like Etna, Millvale, O'hara, Robinson and West Deer Twp. Those areas have 99% HPS lights, it's nice to see a leftover mercury vapor light for once.

If areas had more mercury vapor streetlights, the skies would be less polluted at night.

If you use Google Maps and go to Amarillo, Texas, using the Street View you will notice that the city still has lots of mercs which include Form 400s. It must have about 80 to 90% of mercs in that city
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 01:38:11 AM » Author: Alights
i try to immagine all the lights are mercs after that.
RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009, 12:08:37 AM » Author: RichD
I begin to drool uncontrollably, then I pee myself!! ;D
HMJMAKER01
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009, 11:52:07 PM » Author: HMJMAKER01
I begin to drool uncontrollably, then I pee myself!! ;D

thats....disturbing... :o :o ???
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #24 on: December 27, 2009, 07:46:00 PM » Author: lightman64
I react similar to this kid
(not really lol)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWrS2uPBTg

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #25 on: December 27, 2009, 09:57:49 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Or that one   :D

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: How do you react when you find an unexpected merc street light? « Reply #26 on: December 27, 2009, 11:45:09 PM » Author: joseph_125
I might just imagine all the other lights are still mercury and probably take a picture of it.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies