Author Topic: Question  (Read 3412 times)
mr_big
Question « on: January 16, 2007, 10:29:09 AM » Author: mr_big
Which is more popular where you live for streetlighting where you live MV, HPS, LPS, MH, just being curios ;D for me MH is more common for streetlights then HPS but there is still a lot of HPS here
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:46:18 PM by mr_big » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Question « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 10:49:24 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Good question to ask!!! I am also curious too!......

For me its very mixed of Mercury Vapor and HPS........in the WHOLE electric company I use is 60% Mercury Vapor and 2nd more HPS then its MH..... (thati s for BGE OWNED streetlights...not the store owned parking lot lights...)

Whole Maryland mostly has mercs on wooden utility poles while more HPS on metal poles..........

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Raphael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:03:14 AM » Author: Raphael
You forget CFL.

In my city it is HPS and CFL. It was LPS, MV and FL.

dp
Re: Question « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:42:33 PM » Author: dp
In my area, the Duquesne Light service area still has plenty of mercury vapor lights in service in the suburbs but replacements are now high pressure sodium only. 

dp
Re: Question « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 05:04:11 PM » Author: dp
Well on the work database, it shows the percentages of lamp usage in the different towns the depot covers. It shows that my hometown has 76% of LPS\SOX, 10% HPS, 9% MV and 5% CFL. No metal halides are used in my hometown as of yet.
Santaarnpaal

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question « Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:47:46 AM » Author: Santaarnpaal
In the past Fluorescent (50ties and 60ties), MV and LPS.

In the seventies, eighties MV, LPS, Circline fluorescent and HPS (eliptical coated bulbs)

In the nineties and to today: CFL, HPS (tubular clear ones) and still new LPS installations and the appearing of Ceramic metalhalide lamps.

All the fluorescent lanterns are disappeared besides a hand full of posttops with circline fluorescent in it. A few streets with MV still remain.
Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Question « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:10:17 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
Mostly HPS all over Valparaiso, IN (where I live) and most of Northwest Indiana (at least, from what I've seen). Decorative fixtures are sometimes metal halide or CFL.  There is one really cool exception, in Hammond, IN, where a lot of the streets are lit by LPS/SOX, and it's rather beautiful. Any mercury vapor fixtures out here are almost always NEMA heads used as yard lights.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies