Author Topic: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite?  (Read 13495 times)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite? « Reply #45 on: January 12, 2020, 04:43:07 AM » Author: Michael
High Power fluorescent lamps like VHO 96”, Power Grooves and other Euro VHOs counterparts. All of them shows their aging signs and life and thats interesting to see. I also like Circlines, T12 and T5.
A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite? « Reply #46 on: February 17, 2020, 09:07:19 PM » Author: A2ZAlarms
Here is my preference for fluorescent lighting

Fixtures:
 1. Louvered and parabolic fixtures
 2. Turret and shop light fixtures and strip lights
 3. Vapour proof fixtures

Lamps
3000k in the house and 4000k in the barn
All of the shop t8 fixtures are running Philips instant-fit led tubes during winter

Ballast:
1. F40T12 preheat
2. F32T8 instant start
3. F40T12 rapid start

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite? « Reply #47 on: November 03, 2020, 08:15:35 AM » Author: Rommie
Not really all that into fluorescents, but I do have a soft spot for BC cap tubes, I had a 5ft 80W one on my window sill when I was little  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite? « Reply #48 on: November 06, 2020, 10:41:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
For me, just your standard linear fluorescents, be it T12, T8, or T5.
(And I do love in particular oddball colors of lamps for their different/coolness factor)

For general use though, 3000k in living spaces, and 6500k as a 2nd option.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Wireman
Re: What kind of fluorescents are your favorite? « Reply #49 on: November 07, 2020, 10:25:56 AM » Author: Wireman
I'm only a fan of T12 tubes, I've never had much interest in T8s.
As far as color Im strictly daylight 6500K but I'm a huge fan of blue tubes for decorative purposes.
With ballasts I'll use magnetic and electronic.
Yeah I know electronic isn't popular around here but they do have some advantages.
Still in terms of reliability you just can't beat magnetic!
Magnetics from Advance seem to be pretty good but Universal Therm-O-Matics are the ones that will be around for the long haul.
As far as fixtures I really like those industrial fixtures that are basically strip lights with the rounded reflectors on both sides.
I prefer GE tubes but I definitely have a weakness for Westinghouse black enders.
I certainly like rapid starts but I always try to use slimlines as I feel that the spring loaded sockets are of much better construction.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies