Author Topic: New here...  (Read 3237 times)
Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

New here... « on: January 17, 2007, 01:48:21 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
I posted a while ago and felt I should've introduced myself a little first before barging into a thread, but since it's a little late for that, well I guess I'll do that now...

My name is Randall, and I'm a lighting enthusiast (really?), with interest mainly in general lighting, being a bit more knowledgable about lamps than fixtures. I recently developed an interest in street/outdoor lighting, but I have a limited knowledge of it (as of now). I mostly fiddle around with different light sources, and love using light sources out of context (e.g. HPS indoors). I don't currently have a collection of lamps or streetlights, or well, I don't have one in the sense that many of you have, but that'll last about as long as one of those Chinese "Westinghouse" lamps.  ;D

OK well, I'll call that...that. :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:51:37 PM by Semi-Comma » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New here... « Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 03:49:09 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
hey welcome to the Lighting-Gallery......letting ya know you will learn a LOT from this page!!! I joined this page in January 2006....and I did not have a lot of knowledge about streetlights or ballasts or experiments....I just always was fascianted by streetlights and lightbulbs for LIFE........I did not even have collection of streetlights.......well guess what...I have like 15 streetlights in my collection!!!!!!! just in about a year!..........hey don't go too far.......I am already feeling a bit crowded with lights........but there are some members here who have a LOT more than I do.........

Check out my pictures.....here's a picture you may like to see....my first streetlight and what I made myself!

I added a traffic light on the pole too....yes the light is powered...but I currently have a different streetlight on this pole now.......This is what it currently looks like...but without all the holiday stuff LOL.

Enjoy the site!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 03:51:36 PM by J-Seagull » Logged

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: New here... « Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:45:45 PM » Author: dp
Hi and welcome. I have been a member here since late July 2006 (I think) and I think I haven't contributed until August. I live in the UK, and because I live in the UK, there are a lot of LPS\SOX lighting here with a few mercury examples. I am a trainee lighting engineer (streetlighting). I think I am the youngest here, being nearly 17 years old.

There is another thread about this here
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: New here... « Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:50:32 PM » Author: prawnman88
welcome i work on hps lights and such and some streetlights when im lucky to get a call anyhow u will learn alot about this unique hobby that we all have welcome aboard bud !!!!! also there are alot of nice people on here
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: New here... « Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 07:54:56 PM » Author: TudorWhiz

I posted a while ago and felt I should've introduced myself a little first before barging into a thread, but since it's a little late for that, well I guess I'll do that now...

My name is Randall, and I'm a lighting enthusiast (really?), with interest mainly in general lighting, being a bit more knowledgable about lamps than fixtures. I recently developed an interest in street/outdoor lighting, but I have a limited knowledge of it (as of now). I mostly fiddle around with different light sources, and love using light sources out of context (e.g. HPS indoors). I don't currently have a collection of lamps or streetlights, or well, I don't have one in the sense that many of you have, but that'll last about as long as one of those Chinese "Westinghouse" lamps.  ;D

OK well, I'll call that...that. :)

Hey Randall, once again...WELCOME...So far you have posted some impressive pictures like the Spectroscopes & Spectral Breakdown pictures!
Looking forward to more pictures!!!

Hi and welcome. I have been a member here since late July 2006 (I think)

Yes you have been a member since July 27th 2006...around that time this site was under a big time update....before that time...this site did not even have a forum!!!!

also there are alot of nice people on here
Oh yeah nice people here!....Don't forget some goofy people....for those goofy people...don't go too far!  ::) ;) ;D

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: New here... « Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 06:09:38 PM » Author: Silverliner
Welcome aboard! I noticed that you like to discuss about the spectral wavelengths of the different lamps you measured through a spectroscope. I like the different wavelengths! Ever tried a low pressure sodium lamp? They get only ONE line through the spectroscope!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies