Author Topic: What's lighting your room?  (Read 12724 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 08:17:33 AM » Author: Binarix128
What I use for light up my room is:

A main 45w 2800k halogen bulb

A 40w frosted incandescent bulb with a dimmer as nightlight

For taking pictures and recording videos in my room I use a 40W preheat fixture with a cold white and a daylight tube, and a 150w 2700k halogen reflector.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 11:59:38 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have Gemma our Gamma 6 lantern lighing our living room.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 01:28:46 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Main room light: American Fluorescent two lamp F17T8 wraparound light with Philips F17T8/DX lamps
Desk light: Generic two-lamp F15T8 desk lamp with Philips F15T8 3000K K&B lamps
Accent light: Keyless socket with three yardblaster refractors over it that has a Feit 15w 2700K LED lamp
Bed light: 13w PL-S clamp light with Philips PL-S 13w/830/2P/ALTO
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #33 on: November 18, 2020, 12:10:43 AM » Author: Lumex120
At the moment, I have a set of frosted white Christmas lights, a table lamp with a Feit 5000K 100w = LED filament lamp (helps with SAD), and one of those puzzle lamps with a 13w PL adapter and a Ushio 6500K lamp. I usually only have the Christmas lights and puzzle lamp on when I stay up late at night as the two combined have a very pleasant soft light that's really nice and easy on the eyes. I only use the LED filament bulb on days when sunlight isn't coming in or when it's getting dark too early.

I also recently ordered a roll of high power RGBWW strip which I'm going to put along the top of the wall near the ceiling once it arrives, I also have a bluetooth controller on the way for it. The whole 16.4' uncut strip is rated at 10A at 12v (~100w) so I'm hoping it will be decently bright.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:13:28 AM by Lumex120 » Logged

Unofficial LG Discord

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #34 on: November 18, 2020, 01:58:14 AM » Author: tolivac
Lights in my housee-bedroom Hortilux 315CMH-4K,Hall Hortilux 600WCHPS,or Grow Ace CMH315.Den-one Hortilux CMH3154K and one Growers House CMH315 3K.Sometimes fire up a Gavita 1K HPS or a Growers choice 1K 3K CMH.Don't grow plants-just like the light!!!!And sometimes fire up a Silverliner 400W Mercury I salvaged from work.And a 250W GE.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #35 on: November 18, 2020, 02:08:07 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
My apartment bedroom is lit by 2 100w MV table lamps with clear bulbs and a Crouse Hinds PowerMiser 75w Mercury vapor Par36 adaptor.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #36 on: November 18, 2020, 02:39:28 AM » Author: Silverliner
I use good old school incandescents in my room, and once in a while I light up preheat fluorescent tubes. :)

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #37 on: November 18, 2020, 09:33:32 AM » Author: icefoglights
I now have a set of GE Refresh LED candelabra flames (5000K) in the light kit of my fan.  The lamp on my headboard has a pair of LED snowcones (one red, one 3000K).  Over my desk is a GE Bright Stick.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #38 on: November 19, 2020, 01:31:29 PM » Author: HPS_250
Lighting my room is a 75w incandescent lamp, and a 1.5w LED in a salt lamp as a nightlight.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #39 on: November 22, 2020, 03:54:11 AM » Author: 589
A GE LED bright stik in a table lamp during the day. At night multi color mini christmas icicle light strands around the crown of the wall around the room on a nice dimmer and sox through the window from my beta 5 outside.

Fun fact, the christmas lights have ~10 years d2d and only ~15% have burned out. We run them at 10-20 on the dimmer.

:lps:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #40 on: November 22, 2020, 06:14:11 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I currently have been using low pressure sodium lighting in my apartment’s living room and it feels very relaxing. The bulbs consist of 2 18w SOX lamps in a converted table lamp and a 60w SLI/H bulb in a REAL D3748. When I unplug my REAL D3748 fixture, my SLI/H bulb has the opaque arc tube that is expected when another low pressure sodium source is shining on it which in the case is my SOX table lamp.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 06:16:53 AM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #41 on: December 02, 2020, 01:15:27 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today it's a mixture of MV and LPS, courtesy of this beautiful example  :mv: and standing in the corner of the room Gemma  :lps:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What's lighting your room? « Reply #42 on: December 02, 2020, 02:27:47 PM » Author: Bulbman256
A few faketinghouse 60w icnadecent lamps, and a bunch of mini lights, my lava lamp and an led clock.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies