Author Topic: what do u have burning on your property ?  (Read 8219 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 06:10:29 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
hey Prawnman...dont forget your mom's Gumball....THAT IS A REAL NEMA!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 06:16:15 PM » Author: prawnman88
o yeah well it's my favorite i still get a kick out of the one neighbors grandkids saying CANDY !!!!!!! lol but jayce u are right fake nema's need to all go to pat for proper destruction !!!!
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 07:02:21 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
CANDY!!!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 07:03:36 PM » Author: don93s
The fixture on my shed, which I mentioned earlier under this topic, was purchased around '81. It is an ITT brand NEMA...but even by then, they were already getting cheap in quality...especially the diffusers. The ballast lasted about 18 years before I removed it and converted it to CFL and put the fixture up at my new house. At the time, "yardlights" were technically true NEMA and many came with a genuine Westinghouse Lifeguard clear M.V.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 07:07:48 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
ahhhh....good old times...even in the 80s...they sold NEMA Gumballs in Sears!

ripper444
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 04:16:36 PM » Author: ripper444
lol but jayce u are right fake nema's need to all go to pat for proper destruction !!!!

Bring 'em on. I'd love to smash them up and scrap them out.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 08:59:45 PM » Author: icefoglights
I have three incandescent motion sensor lights by the doors with 90W GE Miser Halogen bulbs in them (the older heavy glass kind).
Over the driveway is a Rab cutoff wallpack with a Philips 100 Watt OEM HPS bulb in it in dusk to dawn use.
On the shop I have a Rab tallpack with a 70 watt Sylvania HPS bulb in it.  It doesn't get used much.
Over the side yard meter pole I have a Heath Zenith 175W MV security light with the original clear Caster bulb in it.  I used to have an AE NEMA MV light with clear Philips lamp put up there, but I decided to go ahead and swap in HZ light and save the AE for later use.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #22 on: June 15, 2008, 11:16:35 PM » Author: GE M-400A1
We have four.

two are above are four car grage and they are 35W HPS wallpacks.

The other two are on the house and they are 50W HPS walpacks.

All are RAB brand and all on 1 photocontrol.

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 12:14:37 AM » Author: arcblue
I have 11 LED solar lights (mostly path lights, & a few floods) that burn nightly, about 14 "Malibu" type low wattage, low voltage path & uplights around the yard and two 50w HPS wall packs that all burn dusk to dawn. The house lights in the front are 35w HPS wall packs, and I have one 100w mercury wall pack above the front garden and another lighting the side of the house/basketball hoop - I only use these when needed. The back yard has a 65w LOA fluorescent flood and a GE NEMA gumball converted to 175w mercury vapor mounted on the back corners of the house - also used only when needed. If that STILL isn't enough light for yard work or entertaining, I also have a 750w halogen worklight I can bring out there & plug in.

"You can never have enough light" - yeah I know my neighbors must love me when I forget to turn the outdoor lights off :)

Hopefully there is nothing else burning on my property, like bushes, trees, or my house!

I'm lampin...

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 04:02:39 AM » Author: lite_lover
I have several fixtures from my collection in use:                                                                                               - One of my Sylvania 250W MV 'powr/bracket' fixtures in the front yard.
    - A 70W HPS Designer's Edge wall light on the side of the house.
    - 2 HPS wall paks on the shop.
    - One of my Westinghouse 'Powr/bracket' fixtures in the back yard.
    - A GE M250-A2 150W HPS by a storage building.
    - Also a GE 100W MV flood used for landscape lighting.                         

The brighter the better.

fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 09:31:31 AM » Author: fran4001
My trusty 1965 Pemco 100 watt Mercury NEMA with Lexalite Type V refractor. Also
equipped with its original June '65 red Ripley Sunswitch photocontrol. And,
a mid 60s Westy Lifeguard clear bottom lamp, just to complete the picture.
This fixture is enjoying it's 43rd year of constant service, having been put in
use by PP&L on US Rt. 6 here in northeast PA in June of '65. It was decommissioned
in the spring of '87. I then installed it and it's still going strong. Quiet as a
mouse, no buzzing or trouble of any sort. A true gem! Pics in the "Fran's collection"
thread.
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 12:57:52 PM » Author: FGS
Me? I probably got the most boring light source outside my house. The front yard have a Satco 60w that have been there since 2003. The back yard used to be 60w Satco but was pulled working and replaced by a Generic 100w since the fixture is rated for that and its brighter. Fixture are from Satco as well. On the front of the property is a acorn fixture with 100w HPS with what I believe is a Sylvania lamp.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 01:52:06 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Mine is pretty boring but nice fixtures...

The front yard has 3 big modern square lanterns with 3 candelbra lamps each light....They automatically turn on every night from an electronic timer

The back yard has smae as the front except smaller with med socket, they currently have clear incandescent globes installed by me!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 05:13:56 PM » Author: Silverliner
Anyone's better than mine hehe. Since I live in a condo complex, the front of mine and all the other condos are lit by 13w PLs that automatically light at night. I pulled out the lamp from mine cuz my mom wants a dark patio at night.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies