Author Topic: what do u have burning on your property ?  (Read 8216 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

what do u have burning on your property ? « on: January 20, 2007, 08:31:20 PM » Author: prawnman88
at my mom's as security lights i have a 175 w merc clear in a old westinghouse gumball in the front yard in the back yard i have a thorn beta 2 sox/lps 55 watt and on the south side i have a newer cooper / nema china junk 175 watt clear merc fixture.

in a way im glad she has the property to have them plus its nice to see some mercs in phoenix plus i told her u have the only lps ficture iv'e seen in the phx metro area
AE125Series
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 08:39:50 PM » Author: AE125Series
I had two 400 watt mercury vapor lights installed outside at my old house in Pittsburgh. My driveway had a Cooper Lighting OVX and the backyard had a Westinghouse OV-25 Remote Ballast.
Augustine

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 02:19:20 AM » Author: Augustine
Currently I have nothing but CFL burning outside and inside my house.  I want to add a new light to the outside of the garage eventually.  I'd like to use a LPS or a clear Hg lamp over the door
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 05:10:52 AM » Author: don93s
Right now, just a standard NEMA bucket light converted to CFL.

Pictured here.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:41:08 PM » Author: prawnman88
nice why is the ballasts hum when they get older ? tired maybe ?
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 05:37:05 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
nah.....they are just singing! For a happy long life that they had!!  ;D :P

Anyway.....my property???? nothing but bunch  of incandescents........When I had my OV-20 on my pole in my bedroom from the back window.....it had a clear merc 175 watt bulb and it did well lighting up the backyard!........You could make shadows when I was in the backyard and some kids played in my backyard when I had that light LOL

anyway.....there's a 175w MV /DX post top viewed from my backyard...and there's a nice view of 175w MV posttops when I am in the front of the house (looking left side of the house) and when I turn around looking Right side of the house...I see one HPS post top of 100 watt....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:18:14 AM » Author: J-Frog
Sadly same here nothing but incandascents.  However a HPS streetlamp, a OVZ I think, stands in front of our house and my 175w Westy NEMA shines out the window at night!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 11:47:56 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
Two Lithonia 175W yard lights with the clear Caster lamps they came with. Not really "my" property, but I put up the lights!  ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:39:56 PM by Semi-Comma » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 01:15:51 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
do those lights have clip on refractors or screwed in refractors?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 03:43:13 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
do those lights have clip on refractors or screwed in refractors?

They came from Home Depot. Of course they have the cheesy screw mounted refractors! ::)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #10 on: January 31, 2007, 04:43:37 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
then they are NOT called NEMA!!!!! that's an insult  >:(

Call them security lights or barn light......

I used to call them "fake NEMA" but now I refused to cuz I am pissed off with the companies fooling customers that they are the TRUE ones....but nope.,..they are CRAP!!!!!!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP....lets see what Pat has to say!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like Pat's attitude!!!!!!!!

ripper444
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 05:36:38 PM » Author: ripper444

I used to call them "fake NEMA" but now I refused to cuz I am pissed off with the companies fooling customers that they are the TRUE ones....but nope.,..they are CRAP!!!!!!!! CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP....lets see what Pat has to say!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like Pat's attitude!!!!!!!!

The stuff from Home Cheapo? It's just Chinese crap to me. I am not a big fan of those lights, but at the same time, I have never had one, so I don't know how to judge it. To me, I'd rather just have a real NEMA, and an older one at that, back when they were built to last. I have had a lot of older LMs and GEs that worked just fine. Some of the newer Coopers were crap, burned out within months of being installed.
Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 05:42:47 PM » Author: Semi-Comma
I was using the term a little loosly. I know they're not real NEMA heads, so, I edited my post.

Real NEMA heads also don't come supplied with lamps. And even if they did, they wouldn't be the junky  lamps these things come with.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 05:49:11 PM by Semi-Comma » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #13 on: January 31, 2007, 05:53:24 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
People!!!! DO NOT CALL those CHEAPO bucket lights with screws NEMA!!!!! those lights do not deserve to be called NEMAs!!!!! call them Yard lights, Security lights, Barn lights, Crappy-cat bucket lights something like that without the "NEMA" in it! LOL

Remember...if they have CLIPS on them AND if the refractor opening on the top is 6 inches in diameter......then they ARE REAL NEMA's!!!!!

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do u have burning on your property ? « Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 06:05:42 PM » Author: prawnman88
ok jayce mom has a crap china junk one i do have a real nema but its retired to be put up :) and its heavy and solid glass so far the china junk one is good so far but lets see if it makes it threw the hot summer and its on the south side of the house so well see arizona days kill alot of stuff
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies