Author Topic: Preheat F40T12 Fluorescent Fixtures in “Earth vs the Flying Saucers” Movie  (Read 84 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!


UChBXesrxSalDTp79uMtfDvA
Preheat F40T12 Fluorescent Fixtures in “Earth vs the Flying Saucers” Movie « on: September 29, 2026, 03:32:14 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Lately, as I have been developing an interest in flying saucer alien invasion movies, I have started to show an appreciation for the 1956 movie “Earth vs the Flying Saucers”. Throughout the film, I have noticed numerous North American market F40T12 preheat fluorescent fixtures showing up. In a number of scenes, I have noticed a pair of 4 lamp F40T12 halfpiper fixtures lighting an office space and noticed some industrial spaces being lit by numerous WWII era 2 lamp F40T12 shoplight fixtures. If anyone likes North American preheat F40T12 fluorescent lighting, I highly recommend watching “Earth vs the Flying Saucers”.


See here:

https://youtu.be/giV-Kz9qe_o?is=J7b6A79ZDOhgZzA6

Additionally, you can also find a few early Los Angeles freeway scenes featuring the pendant mounted Westy OV20 fixtures that once lit early Los Angeles freeways.
Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies