Author Topic: New and old NAV-E/I bulbs  (Read 39 times)
Lateroo
Member
**
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

New and old NAV-E/I bulbs « on: Today at 12:51:15 PM » Author: Lateroo
I recently got my hands on new and old Osram NAV-E/I self starting 50w HPS bulbs. It looked like there were two glowbottle starters in the older bulb and only one in the newer bulb so I decided to sacrifice (I am so sorry, it felt bad) two of the different generations of bulbs to study their internals. What could be the reason for there being two starters in the older one and only one in the newer one? Cost saving or something else?
Logged
dor123
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are printers/scanners/copiers, A/Cs


WWW
Re: New and old NAV-E/I bulbs « Reply #1 on: Today at 12:53:49 PM » Author: dor123
The second glow bottle, isn't a starter, but a thermal disconnector, that disconnect the starter when the lamp is hot.
Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies