Author Topic: F8T5 Spec  (Read 839 times)
Medved
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F8T5 Spec « Reply #30 on: October 07, 2026, 12:42:43 AM » Author: Medved
@stillaintjeff24:
Since I was curious on this myself, I tried it tonight...see this image .

I thought you were connecting two F8 instead of a single F14...
Connecting 1 for one means you are forcing the ballast to operate nelow its rated minimum arc voltage, there the current may become higher...
Logged

No more selfballasted c***

LightBulbFun
Administrator
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery


WWW
Re: F8T5 Spec « Reply #31 on: October 07, 2026, 12:50:03 AM » Author: LightBulbFun
I thought you were connecting two F8 instead of a single F14...
Connecting 1 for one means you are forcing the ballast to operate nelow its rated minimum arc voltage, there the current may become higher...

did you look up the upload? look at the ballast being used (in both this thread and the upload on the gallery)

its a series burning ballast

its rated for 1 F14T5 to 2 F35T5


2xF8T5 is (just slightly) more than 1xF14T5 so its not going to be a problem in that regard...
Logged

My other hobby is buses, especially the Routemaster (formerly Bulb Freak)

Medved
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F8T5 Spec « Reply #32 on: October 07, 2026, 02:14:53 AM » Author: Medved
That is what I'm responding to...
But the text on the ballast label is not readable, I assumed it is rated just for two lamps (shown on the wiring diagram).

So if the ballast is rated to run just a single F14, then it is indeed perfectly fine...
Logged

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies