Author Topic: 2007 Mercury Fixtures  (Read 93 times)
RandomCatPerson
Member
***
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

...


2007 Mercury Fixtures « on: October 05, 2026, 09:57:51 AM » Author: RandomCatPerson
As I am sure most of you know Mercury vapor fixtures and components were banned back in January of 2008. By the 2000s new installations of mercury fixtures were pretty sparce, so they are pretty uncommon. In my few years of collecting, I have owned two mercury vapor fixtures from 2007. A 400W mercury OVX that I gave away a few years ago as well as a 1000W Mercury OVL. How many other collectors here have seen or currently own mercury vapor fixtures that were made in the last year before the ban?
Logged

Lighting hobbyist since 2018

icefoglights
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA


GoL
Re: 2007 Mercury Fixtures « Reply #1 on: October 05, 2026, 12:28:49 PM » Author: icefoglights
I checked this fixture that I was sure would have been from 2007 since I bought it off of a sale pallet at Sutherland's, in September of 2008, but it turns out it was made in August of 2006.  I have another fixture that while not technically MV, it was affected by the ban since it came with a probe start MH ballast and can run MV bulbs.  It was made in September of 2007.  I ordered it through a local supply house in 2008.
Logged

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Baked bagel 11
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Tom


UCO6cAQm377MpL943-mH_DHw
Re: 2007 Mercury Fixtures « Reply #2 on: October 05, 2026, 03:38:37 PM » Author: Baked bagel 11
Since I'm not in the US, mercury lamps weren't banned here until 2022. My newest mercury streetlight is a 125w, from 2013.
Logged
Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies