Author Topic: Seriously cool antique stage dimmer photos  (Read 12 times)
lightsofpahrump
Member
***
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery


WWW
Seriously cool antique stage dimmer photos « on: Today at 07:34:12 PM » Author: lightsofpahrump
I was surfing electrical-contractor.net and found this.  :poof:  This is how they used to do theater lighting back in the day. Note the carbon arcs, which still work. And they still use their projector for nitrate film. Note the gratuitous amounts of bare bus. (Peeps used to know not to touch things!)
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/152703/avalon-theatre.html#Post152703
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/152724/avalon-theatre-part-2.html#Post152724
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/152746/avalon-theatre-part-3.html#Post152746
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/152753/avalon-theatre-part-4.html#Post152753
Logged

I like math, lighting, computers and electronics(but I detest pointless ruinage of nice old stuff). LEDs should be better thought out. they are actually quite good if they are good quality. They should be built to a long life not to a cheap price!
Freedom's not slavery, communism is!

Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies