Author Topic: Were coated MH lamps ever common?  (Read 28 times)
Goodlighting2000
Member
**
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

Were coated MH lamps ever common? « on: Today at 04:05:03 PM » Author: Goodlighting2000
I know they are rarely used in outdoor fixtures like shoeboxes, post tops, flood lights, or cobra heads, but were they common indoors? Like in mall recessed cans, low bays, and high bays? Or did those mainly use the clear lamps too.

Because, I’ve seen both in the past, but were coated MH lamps ever common? I know coated HPS lamps are extremely rare, but what about coated metal halide.
Logged
sol
Member
*****
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Were coated MH lamps ever common? « Reply #1 on: Today at 04:06:25 PM » Author: sol
They were less common than the clear ones, but they were still fairly common, especially indoors if the lamp was visible, such as high bay fixtures.
Logged
Goodlighting2000
Member
**
Offline

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Were coated MH lamps ever common? « Reply #2 on: Today at 04:08:37 PM » Author: Goodlighting2000
I’ve seen both clear and coated bulbs used indoors.
Logged
Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies