Author Topic: My new 8 foot 4 bulb fixtures in action  (Read 3291 times)
static1701

View Posts
View Gallery

Scott

My new 8 foot 4 bulb fixtures in action « on: March 29, 2011, 10:02:57 PM » Author: static1701
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAbBEWT8yug

I use real incandescent Christmas lights, miniature lights from the 70's, C6's from the 50's and modern C7's and C9's. NO ugly LED's! I don't care what it cost. Real Christmas lights and Preheat Fluorescent!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My new 8 foot 4 bulb fixtures in action « Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 03:42:28 PM » Author: funkybulb
It would not hurt if you would pop in full wattage tubes. those F96 energy savers are really junk.
15 watts different on that ballast compare to one runing full wattage. it like throw a 34w econowatts tubes
on F40 ballast. try to find full wattage tube now or be too late.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

static1701

View Posts
View Gallery

Scott

Re: My new 8 foot 4 bulb fixtures in action « Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:15:35 PM » Author: static1701
I replaced the ones on the one fixture that looks different. It has full power 3500k bulbs now. The 2 fixtures that look the same are hanging in the garage with the crappy Phillips bulbs but I don't use them very often. When I find a deal on some full power lamps I will replace them.

I use real incandescent Christmas lights, miniature lights from the 70's, C6's from the 50's and modern C7's and C9's. NO ugly LED's! I don't care what it cost. Real Christmas lights and Preheat Fluorescent!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My new 8 foot 4 bulb fixtures in action « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:55:43 AM » Author: funkybulb
there tons of slimline fixture with working slimline tube thown out buy the day
during lighting upgrade. you should ask a electricain who replace those fixture
by the day and ask them if you can have some 8 foot slimline tubes. they will be glad have them taken
of there hands and put them to good use. i remember black enders well into the late 90s
hopefully you score those too.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies