Author Topic: the making of an induction lamp.  (Read 2805 times)
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

the making of an induction lamp. « on: April 03, 2011, 02:58:22 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
http://www.environmentallightingconcepts.com/induction-lights-how-do-they-work
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: the making of an induction lamp. « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:38:15 AM » Author: dor123
In the last video, i see that the Everlast induction fluorescent lamp lights instantly at full brightness.
I thought that they have some run-up time.
Also, induction lamps usually dosed by solid amalgams and not directly by liquid mercury, as they have amalgams (Such as the Icetrons/Enduras and the QLs).
This is similar to the mothed of dosing CFLs with a solid amalgam (Megamen, Philips).
So if the workers that makes these lamps exposed to the same dangers from mercruy as workers in a manufacturing line of fluorescents without amalgams during the manufacturing, so this is also an evidence, why our Hyundai Amalgam or TEVA CFLs, are consumers misleading in Israel (Hyundai, btw, turned out to be a brand sticker, with everything that aren't related to automobile, that marketed ONLY in my country).

Note:
I trying to find as many evidences as possible from LG, that the lamp that Semicom Lexis marketing in Israel are an enormous consumer misleading (Since they advertised their things also in articles (Both documentary and news) that should be say the reality. And there were even a campaign in Israel to buy these CFLs at lower price when returning a worn out incandescents).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

imj
Re: the making of an induction lamp. « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 11:35:24 AM » Author: imj
Their gear still needs alot of modifications (by now)...it's too big. I have seen believed to be China QL like lamps used where I live. They loose brightness after some hundreds of hours  because of the inferior phosphors used.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: the making of an induction lamp. « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 03:27:49 PM » Author: Medved
Their gear still needs alot of modifications (by now)...it's too big.

But the ballast can not be made small, if it is supposed to last at least some time...
Don't forget, then with components available in the industry (mainly capacitors), their temperature should not exceed ~75degC in order to achieve 100k+ lifetime (calculation based on 10khour/105degC rating of electrolytic capacitors), while with 50..60degC inside the fixture you do not have much margin...
So you need good heatsink (and that need some area), you need a means to prevent the fixture designer to put everything too close together (to avoid too high temperature inside the fixture; the ballast size is a good "argument") and/or to use cheap plastic with poor thermal conductivity (or at least the large surface will make the thermal transfer reasonable).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies