Author Topic: First HID lamp  (Read 13395 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

First HID lamp « on: January 30, 2007, 04:19:10 PM » Author: FGS
What's you first HID lamp? Mine is a Regent 175w Mercury Vapor.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

mr_big
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 04:37:49 PM » Author: mr_big
Mine was a 1kw MH lamp by Sylvania sadly I don't have it anymore
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 01:14:56 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
A 1997 Philips High Pressure Sodium......pre-alto (not really an Alto) also this lamp was in a streetlight working perfectly from 1997 to end of 2005 which is really long life and today's HPS dont last that long....they now only last like 2 years!!!!

Here's the pic of the lamp

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 10:51:35 AM » Author: dp
I received a Philips 70w SON-T lamp on January 2005 from a friendly lighting engineer. I don't know what i have done with it but it should be laying about somewhere.
Santaarnpaal

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 03:23:16 PM » Author: Santaarnpaal
A Philips HPL-N bulb of 80 watt with came togetter with my first streetlighting lantern.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:02:35 AM » Author: prawnman88
a coated mh 400 watt i pulled that was bad from a ge-m400
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 07:12:50 PM » Author: don93s
My first HID lamp was a clear Norelco 175 watt M.V. that came out of my grandfather's yard light back in 1980 or '81. He thought that the lamp was burned out, but after I brought it home, it turns out the the soldered tip was loose so I re-soldered it and it worked again. At the time, I could only test it on a fluorescent lamp ballast, but soon after I bought my first NEMA yard light. I was in 7th or 8th grade.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:47:40 PM by don93s » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 04:34:13 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
I received a Philips 70w SON-T lamp on January 2005 from a friendly lighting engineer. I don't know what i have done with it but it should be laying about somewhere.

Check under your mattress ;-)

a coated mh 400 watt i pulled that was bad from a ge-m400

What kind of GE M-400? Older type or the 2 door type? How did you open it....was it a push button open fixture, or a latch open type or a pull bar type? Are you sure it was not a 400 watt MV?

Mine was a 1kw MH lamp by Sylvania sadly I don't have it anymore

What  happened to it? KER-BOOM???? And where's the frogs comment?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 04:41:57 PM » Author: J-Frog
My first HID lamp was a Philips 175w clear mercury, my first MH was a bunch of Sylvania made 100w CEW MH lamps and my first HPS was a bunch of 80s ED shaped Sylvania and Philips 70w HPS lamps with mogul bases!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 04:28:57 PM » Author: Silverliner
Not counting two med base GE and Sylvania (the latter was an old B-21) 75w mercs I blew as a kid, my first HID lamp is a Philips-Westinghouse H39KC-175/DX I got with a yard light. Still have the lamp.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:37:28 PM » Author: FGS
@Dave - Did you post it here?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

mr_big
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 06:37:56 PM » Author: mr_big
What  happened to it? KER-BOOM???? And where's the frogs comment?

Yep it did go KERBOOM the ballast had a short
lightboy90

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 04:41:46 AM » Author: lightboy90
My first lamp in my collection was a Philips HPL-N 125W.
pslawinski

View Posts
View Gallery

1kW Narva Blue

Re: First HID lamp « Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 01:37:05 AM » Author: pslawinski
My first HID was a 35W GE HPS given to me by my grandfather.

Phillip Slawinski
Founder, Lighting-Gallery.net

chapman84
Re: First HID lamp « Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 10:25:29 AM » Author: chapman84
My first lamp was a Phillips 175 watt mercury vapor clear lamp back in 1995.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies