Author Topic: green law in california what do u guys think ?  (Read 7949 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 09:22:44 PM » Author: FGS
Guys check this out: http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/09/bulb.ban.ap/index.html
Another state is wasting time and money on similar green law.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 10:00:26 PM » Author: prawnman88
great
AE125Series
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 10:13:50 PM » Author: AE125Series
Wow, that's not good.  ::)

Another unnecessary ban introduced this time to target incandescent. Personally I'd rather use incandescent over CFL.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:15:28 PM by AE125Series » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #18 on: February 10, 2007, 12:41:39 PM » Author: Silverliner
Here's a forum you all should check out. There has been complaints about the low quality CFLs being sold here in the USA and the pending ban on incandescents is already drawing opposition.

http://althouse.blogspot.com/2007/01/ban-incandescent-lightbulbs.html

BTW anyone notice GE changed the name of their CFLs from Soft White to Energy Smart? I call em Energy Dummies cuz they are low quality spirals that are not so efficient.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

AE125Series
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 08:08:07 PM » Author: AE125Series
Also the problem with CFLs is if you insert them in horizontal sockets they break.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 08:09:38 PM by AE125Series » Logged
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 10:53:10 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Banning incansdesnt bulbs will cause problems! one of the reasons how a CFL use for me would be a problem....for example.....I am deaf myself and if someone rang doorbells, or if someone calls me on the phone (tty/video phone)....that would be a problem because I use a lamp flasher to alert me when phone rings, doorbell rings, fire alarm wireless smoke detector alerting my lamp flasher, whatever.......it wouldnt be good for a CFL...because one...some have programmed start...and the flasher and programmed start do not FIT!....plus they burn out a lot faster when using flashers.....trust me a lot of my friends dont use CFL for lamp flasher alert..........and I refuse to use strobe lights to alert me cuz it kinda....makes me think of fire alarms cuz they use strobes for fire alarms.....also...

Do you think you CAN put a CFL inside a microwave oven light socket? I think NOT...........another thing....that will disappoint a lot of children who have fun making stuff with those small toy lightbulb ovens!!!!!! Imagin a mother saying..."my daughter, the government banend incandescents and I am very sorry but I have to throw away your favorite toy the lightbulb oven"   

how about this...what if some reptiles needs light for UV...and they ban selfballast MV cuz theyh have incandesent inside PLUS has a mercury vapor in it!!! and nobody wants to use MH plus MH has more mercury inside......

Don't you guys think people will be tired of turning on those reflector  recessed lights turning on and we gotta wait till they warm up!!!! Also.......how would you feel about dimmer limits...cuz they will sell dimming CFL for more price while an incandescent can go either regular or dimming!!!!!!!!!!!! And imagin this...someone who donno about CFL uses a NON-dimming CFL and uses dimmer and one catches on fire cuz of that and burns down the house!!!!!!

Well...any other ideas???

-Jace

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 11:33:35 PM » Author: J-Frog
How about this one; incandascents are banned so that means more crappy spiral CFLs and then you have more mercury because of the increased numbers of CFLs and then you have a LOT more mercury to worry about disposing of and stuff!!!

Also incandascents just plain look better in certain places and situtiations!!!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 12:17:57 AM » Author: FGS
<groan> I am getting a headache from these useless bans. What are these people thinking! I just hope that there are more Incandescent and MV fans so we can win against the bans by majority.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

AE125Series
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 09:46:41 AM » Author: AE125Series
We just need some good evidence to prove that incandescent and MV is better.  :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies