Author Topic: green law in california what do u guys think ?  (Read 8344 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

green law in california what do u guys think ? « on: February 03, 2007, 10:48:41 AM » Author: prawnman88
well i wonder if there are going to be people driving arrouns and looking in your windows going um thats not a cfl !!!!!!!!    cfl's have mercury but incadescents dont so is it really better well here is the link take a look i think it's going ot help but then it's not http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=2839113&page=1
Santaarnpaal

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 11:00:43 AM » Author: Santaarnpaal
Don't be afraid that they will look in your house. It is about a ban of selling them in California. I think we have to wait for bulb with LED. I have read an article that Philips think that they will stop make household incandescent bulbs about 10 years.
If you really care for the environment you can better use CFLs with separate ballasts.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 01:00:53 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
If banning incandescent and using CFL....THEN WHY BAN MERCURY VAPOR??? Mercs and CFL both has mercury in it!!!!! Man this World is nuts...and theres no such a thing as a global warming!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 01:35:45 PM » Author: prawnman88
who knows maybe one day when the no mer law goes into effect u guys may see me on the news screaming at the tv camers :)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 09:14:38 PM » Author: FGS
It is another waste of money and time nothing more. Won't work though.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

mr_big
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 10:04:54 PM » Author: mr_big
I agree with you Zeus it IS a big waste of time and money besides what are they gonna do with the banned incandescent's
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 10:15:57 PM » Author: prawnman88
and ok what if u get caught ? lol they don't watch our borders in arizona or california but they sure worry about what color and type of bulb u use man i really wish i was in europe some times
mr_big
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 10:29:02 PM » Author: mr_big
Just put a bunch of CFL's in a bag and hide a couple of incandescents in there with it THEY WILL NEVER KNOW LOL :P ;D
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 10:30:57 PM » Author: prawnman88
lol i could see me doing incsdescent runs from here in arizona to see dave in california
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 10:43:51 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Dave has way too much incandescents...probably enough for 200 years worth or more!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 04:06:39 PM » Author: FGS
@Prawnman88 - What the cops will do if they see me with a incandescent lamp?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 05:38:17 PM » Author: prawnman88
nothing they have better things to do then worry about my mercury vapor bulbs and your incadescents and remember thye have to vote on it but don't worry it will pass because they don't worry abaout our borders just what type of light bulbs we all use man u have to love the usa  :P
Semi-Comma

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 02:03:45 AM » Author: Semi-Comma
If this law is passed, it will drive up the demand for CFL's, thus driving up the quantities manufactured, in turn driving down the price, and ultimately driving down the quality to a record low. Current production helical CFL's rarely last over two years, some not even making it to one year. Many of them like to end their lives with a bang as well, which with even lower quality will result in nearly all of them doing so, and will probably cause lots of property damage and/or bodily injury to many people.

Also, when the quality starts to drop, you will begin to see ratings like "2000 hours" on CFL packaging, and will be lucky if they make it to 500 hours. This will result in a lot of them winding up at the dumps. Which will result in rank amounts of mercury being thrown into the environment. This will be an even bigger problem than CO2 emissions from powering incandescent lamps.

It is proof that the most ignorant are the most heard. This is mainly because they can't keep their mouths shut.

And hey, this isn't a free country. A free country is run by the people and has laws based on FACTS. Given that, there is no such thing as a free country. Welcome to planet Earth.

"When would you like to schedule your brainwashing?"

Next Thursday sounds nice!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 02:05:28 AM by Semi-Comma » Logged
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 08:37:12 AM » Author: prawnman88
i feel the same way like if they really cared about saving energy all city's whould have sox/lps fixtures everywere like europe but hey the almighty dollar runs this country not family that's why so many people hate us just my thoughts
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: green law in california what do u guys think ? « Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 02:20:54 PM » Author: Silverliner
Wow what a wonderful pending law that would ban Edison's by far the worst invention ever! This glowing wire has caused the 1973 and 1979 energy crunches, ate away billions of dollars from peoples' pocket and the terminator is there to finally terminate this awful glowing wire!!! Yeah right LOL. Well after 127 years, the incandescent light bulb increased in efficency a little, lamp life became more consistent, and it has provided comfortable lighting for billions of people all over the world. Quality dropped a little starting in the early 1980s by the removal of filament supports, but the American made incandescents remain well made to this day. And they can actually save you money during the winter months by lowering the heating bills. I have used CFLs for a year and threw most of them out because they lost so much lumens that they have MUCH less USEFUL life than promised. CFLs cost more, and if I throw them out in a year, does that really save any money in the long run? Nah I don't think so. Even people who use CFLs in their houses tell me banning incandescent light bulbs would lead to political diaster. I read that even the terminator has no stance on the bill. But I will write to them telling them they are wrong!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies