Author Topic: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp  (Read 3517 times)
imj
Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « on: May 16, 2011, 11:31:31 AM » Author: imj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuxq8a6RYzQ
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:04 AM » Author: dor123
I encountered this phenomenon of flickering of HPS lamps before the sodium vapourises, with streetlights that had good HPS lamps, when i was a child in the 1990". Many HPS streetlights did this.
Today, i don't see this phenomenon anymore. Neither HPS lamp that i see turns on, don't do this.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:17:37 AM » Author: Ash
I sometimes see this in all types of SON fixtures

Do you use the type of starter that gives distinct flashes when restriking or that gives constant impulses at 50 HZ ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 04:20:32 AM » Author: dor123
Ash: The starter is incorporated in this lamp as standard.
This lamp don't required an external ignitor.
All of the current european 70W HPS lamps with integral ignitor, have a glow starter, similar to the one of the fluorescents.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 01:36:53 PM » Author: Ash
Is this the Iwasaki with electronic starter inside ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out EYE SUNLUX lamp « Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 01:50:43 PM » Author: dor123
Ash: Even that this lamp was made by Iwasaki Japan, this is your typical 70W HPS lamp with an internal glow starter.
You can see it operating behind the coating, before the lamp ignite.
As far as i know, Iwasaki lamps and most japanese lamps brands aren't imported to Israel. But i saw Toshiba fluorescents in an emergency fixture, and an Iwasaki lantern in Kibbutz Harel.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:53:09 PM by dor123 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies