Author Topic: Hate or dislike the most  (Read 5602 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 01:50:49 PM » Author: sparkie
"Save-It-Easy" T5 lamps. These are T5 tubes which are designed to fit into T12 fixtures, and have built in ballast at one end of the tube (a bit like putting a CFL into an incandescent light).

I dislike them because they are uneven, having a chunky ballast at one end and just a slip-adaptor at the other end. Plus they often do not match the fixture's optics due to the tube's smaller diameter and hence result in a lower light output.
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 03:07:55 PM » Author: SeanB~1
Haven't met those yet, can't think I will like such a crappy idea though. Likely to have a very short life, as well as poor output too.
form109
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 05:18:01 PM » Author: form109
i wouldnt say i hate the American Electric Durastar,i just dont like it as well as other streetlighting fixtures.

i too hate cheap knock-offs of classic streetlights,they embarass the originals,my only exception is the new Cooper Ov-15,Ov-25,and Ovl.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 08:41:33 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I hate the posttops with globes, pure waste of light (I have to admit that IDA is right for this.). The Durastar 2000 is really not my favorite, although the 3000 doesn't look that bad.

form109
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #19 on: January 10, 2009, 06:50:06 PM » Author: form109
i hate it when they scrap good fixtures.
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 07:19:13 PM » Author: lightman64
i hate phillips halogena energy savers.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies