Author Topic: Hate or dislike the most  (Read 5585 times)
Raphael

View Posts
View Gallery

Hate or dislike the most « on: February 15, 2007, 02:18:45 PM » Author: Raphael
Which lantern or lamp do you hate or dislike the most.
Because of the ugly design or bad properties or simply because there are millions of that
AE125Series
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:44:39 PM » Author: AE125Series
I don't like the new GE M-400 because the design was stolen from American Electric's 125 Series.
Santaarnpaal

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 04:02:52 PM » Author: Santaarnpaal
Fancy or cheap rip offs of historical streetlights.
dp
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:56 PM » Author: dp
I don't like the Durastar 2000 at all if I see one I think my eyes will bleed :o
dp
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 06:11:20 PM » Author: dp
I don't like the Thorn Civic or Thorn Triumph, the Civic looks more like a shoe and the Triumph just looks weird  :o
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 02:40:23 AM » Author: lite_lover
I don't like the AE Durastar or the cheap Chinese mercury yard lights.

The brighter the better.

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:07 AM » Author: J-Frog
I would say GE actually stole the design of the AE 325 and modified it somewhat to get the new M400 design.

Anyways I hate the Durastar the most followed by the Cooper OVX unless said OVX has a FCO lens (it looks better that way).

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 10:39:19 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Yep Durastars are the worst for the ugliness, but I do like the OVX...(sorry frog) 

AE cobraheads are worst for the quality of the ballasts....(Never seen an AE survive a cycling HPS, yet I've seen OVX survive 2 years of cycling)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 05:35:30 PM » Author: Silverliner
OVXs, not for me LOL. I can only say everyone has their own taste and I respect, however.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

J-Frog

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 09:19:52 AM » Author: J-Frog
LOL yeah at least I know ugly fixtures when I see them!  As Daveman would say, the OVX looks like a melted Silverliner.  Did I mention the reflector design in those and some other Coopers causes premature cycling of HPS lamps?  If I had a streetlighting company or ran BGE for instance, I would stay away from OVX and go for the GE stuff!

Jeremiah The Bullfrog

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 11:02:35 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I've seen GE fixtures fail even after 1 month!! Plus GE has problems too, like losing doors! In fact seeing GE loose doorsare a lot more common than seeing OVX lose a door!

In fact I donno of ANY OVX that lost a door

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 09:15:06 PM » Author: GE M-400A1
Fixtures I Hate:

Durastar: because it looks messed up and i would rather stick needles in my eyes that look at that!

China Fixtures: because most everything well everything made over there has crap slapped on it!

New GE M-400's: because they took AE's design of the 325 and 125!

AE: 113, and 115 just look ugly!

Westinghouse OV25 Flatbottoms

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 12:21:08 AM » Author: don93s
I would have to say the Cooper OVZ. I see them everywhere, and no matter how hard I try, I can't begin to appreciate them. They just don't look right. There is nothing pleasant about how they are proportioned. Even though I find the OVX a little strange and ugly, at least it has a distinctive style. The OVZ looks like a cheap pile of garbage. Maybe they light up fine at night, but in the daytime to see the geometry of these fixtures makes me think the designer was on crack.
fran4001

View Posts
View Gallery

Fran Festa hofnerholic
Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #13 on: April 15, 2008, 08:03:29 PM » Author: fran4001
Nearly anything made after the late 80s!!! And my least favorite vintage ones would probably be the Westinghouse cobra heads. Blasphemy I know! Just not my faves.  :o
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: Hate or dislike the most « Reply #14 on: April 15, 2008, 11:03:19 PM » Author: prawnman88
box lights used for streetlights there just damm ugly and here in arizona i have tons arround even at car dealerships  blah !
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies