Author Topic: 3 pin linear fluorecent?  (Read 5204 times)
Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

3 pin linear fluorecent? « on: July 24, 2011, 12:14:21 AM » Author: Alights
http://bulbcollector.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=76d2176fcb91aac5305e74379bc519cf&topic=1423.0

check this out! ive never seen this at all , or on the gallery!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 12:41:10 AM » Author: joseph_125
Wow those are pretty rare! :o , Here's some more information on them, they're 5 foot long T10s
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:20 AM » Author: DieselNut
 :o :o :o  :o :o
wow! What sort of starting gear did these run?

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:44:28 AM » Author: Alights
Im not sure, but im gonna try and get these as soon as i can sign up to be a member on that site and ask about how much that would cost me, i would really like to get a few!
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:36:02 AM » Author: joseph_125
I'm not sure, but I'm gonna try and get these as soon as i can sign up to be a member on that site and ask about how much that would cost me, i would really like to get a few!

Yeah, I'm sure people here would be interested in this, if you do decide to get one be sure to post some of pics of it.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:39:14 PM » Author: Silverliner
WOW! So such lamps do exist. RARE! That person better not have thrown them out! Basically they are self rectifying fluorescent lamps.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:29:30 AM » Author: RichD
 :o :o :o :o These must be the Type RF fluorescent lamps mentioned in the 1942 Fluorescent Lighting Manual!!! They have two pins on the anode end and three on the cathode end. According to the book they must be operated with the cathode end at least 3" higher than the anode end. Vertical operation is also possible as long as the cathode end is up. The fixtures pictured in the Manual look like shoplight reflectors with a box on top for the ballast. They do not use any external starters.

I too never thought I'd actually see one. I hope somebody gets these!!
RichD

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 10:32:33 AM » Author: RichD
 :( I just read the last of the post. I sure do hope he didn't throw those out. What a shame  >:( >:(. But at least we now know they actually exist(ed). I find its much more fun to search for something I know I might actually find... like that 3ft T17 lamp  ;)
DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 03:41:04 PM » Author: DieselNut
:( I just read the last of the post. I sure do hope he didn't throw those out. What a shame  >:( >:(. But at least we now know they actually exist(ed). I find its much more fun to search for something I know I might actually find... like that 3ft T17 lamp  ;)
I would like a F100T17!  :o

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 06:15:15 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Nothing angers me more than (...) like that guy who throw out super rare lighting because they dont care

Administrator #5

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 04:48:43 PM » Author: Michael
Nothing angers me more than (...) like that guy who throw out super rare lighting because they dont care

Here the same anger! Just today the warehouse clerk let me know that a couple of years ago he disposed at least three full pallets of NOS incandescent bulbs for street lights and a couple of boxes with new SOX 180W tubes.
I regret that I did not keep in contact with the new guys up there as they did not know that I’m collecting them.
lifeguard

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 3 pin linear fluorecent? « Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 12:18:04 AM » Author: lifeguard
They are on the gallery here now. 7 years later lol.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies