Author Topic: YouTube Video Comments  (Read 17844 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

YouTube Video Comments « on: August 30, 2011, 05:19:30 PM » Author: sparkie
Some advice regarding YouTube videos and this site:

When you upload videos to Youtube for the purpose of posting on LG, it's better to disable comments on the YT site and use the comments page on LG. That way only LG members can comment on the video and not the general YT public which contains some nasty spammers, trolls and idiots who may make inappropriate comments on your videos which wouldn't be allowed on LG.

I say this because just recently the comments section of one of my lighting videos became the scene of a nasty slanging match between a LG member and some unknown, undesirable character (who started the argument by making foul remarks about the LG member's comments) as a result of which I have disabled comments for this video, which is a shame because there were some genuine comments made before which have unfortunately been lost :(

At the moment all my other videos still have their original comments sections, but in future any new videos that I upload will have disabled comments on the YT page, and I advise anyone else on here to do the same.
seansy59

View Posts
View Gallery

I am OPEN for Lighting talk!

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 08:47:31 PM » Author: seansy59
Wow. I have never had a problem with lighting videos on youtube. Other videos, absolutly. I always delete bad comments immediatly, and if they keep it up, they get blocked.

Its a shame some people are sooooo.......well, you can fill it in  :-\

Rapid Start and Preheat fluorescent! No instant start!

Peach_Lover

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:32:11 PM » Author: Peach_Lover
I always set my videos up (whether for LG or not) to allow comments only after my approval, spam/language on youtube can be problematic and I feel this is a fair compromise. Some people do actually have something intelligent to say  ;D
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:53:52 AM » Author: dor123
I always disables comments on Youtube.
In fact, i disables almost all options on Youtube, except the embeding, in order to save my privacy, while still you can see the videos from LG instead in Youtube.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:26:37 AM » Author: Ash
I fail to see how this is related to privacy ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 03:37:36 AM » Author: dor123
Ash: The option of the visibilty of the video, related to the privacy.
If the video is public, all of the world can see it.
If the video is unlisted, only the people and sites that i gave them the link, can see it.
All of my Youtube videos, are unlisted, so they can be viewed only through Lighting-Gallery and not through Youtube.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:44:23 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 09:44:20 AM » Author: BG101
I'm thinking of making and uploading some videos of my lighting stuff, but would prefer to moderate comments - I didn't know that was an option - as I've seen plenty of crap posted on there by people who should really just navigate elsewhere if they really think the content is that rubbish.

However I would prefer them to be public as it spreads the word about our hobby - lighting is taken for granted by many but is such an important aspect in everyone's lives!

BG
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:46:16 AM by BG101 » Logged

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 09:56:50 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I always make my YouTube light videos public (but disable embedding).
I used to set comments 'allow after approval', but found its not worth it, I have had to delete very few (I will only delete Spam & hatefull stuff .. language & such doesn't bother me)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

chapman84
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 08:26:00 AM » Author: chapman84
Because of negative ratings and comments left on some of my videos on youtube, I have disabled the ratings and allow comments with approval only.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 10:06:00 AM » Author: dor123
The settings of all my Youtube videos are setted to the following to save my privacy:
Privacy: Unlisted
License: Standard Youtube License
Comments: Don't allow comments
Comment voting: Don't allow comment voting
Video responses: No, don't allow video responses.
Ratings: No, don't allow this video to be rated.
Embeding: Yes, external sites may embed and play this video (Disabling this option will prevent my videos from being viewable on LG).
Syndication: No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV.
Videos that reaches tens of thousands of views and even millions of views, have the ability (Exactly like Reality TV) to turn their uploaders into international celebrities in seconds, at least temporarily, often without prior notice or without their knowledge. Therefore, i takes these precaution in order to prevent me from being enter into such a situations.

imj
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 02:53:56 AM » Author: imj
It can be deleted.
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 04:36:45 AM » Author: MikeT1982
dor123 thank you for telling me of how you can post videos but only let us here view them. I may actually make some videos now :-) I didn't know that was possible.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:11 PM » Author: migette1
I have posted many You Tube items on lamps telephones antiques plants etc and had no nasty comments, my question is how to put the lamp videos on LG I have no idea how this is done so if someone can explain in very simple terms how this is done, my knowledge of computers is not that good so help please!!!!!!

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 03:52:24 PM » Author: dor123
Copy the regular link of your video (Not the embedding link), and put it on the correct textbox in the upload page.

MetalHalideHater

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YouTube Video Comments « Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 06:12:50 PM » Author: MetalHalideHater
I've never had too much of a problem with YT comments. Occasionally people leave comments that are inappropriate. But that's life. I either thank them for the comment, or if it's too vulgar, remove the comment.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies