Author Topic: Could this be what GE plans to use in the new HEI incandescent bulb?  (Read 2271 times)
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Could this be what GE plans to use in the new HEI incandescent bulb? « on: February 28, 2007, 09:26:54 PM » Author: Silverliner
http://www.sandia.gov/LabNews/LN05-03-02/key05-03-02_stories.html#lattice

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

jercar954

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Could this be what GE plans to use in the new HEI incandescent bulb? « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 06:33:39 PM » Author: jercar954
Interesting article! There is a bill before the State legislature here in Connecticut to outlaw incandescent lamps making CFL's the source of light. Superficially, this is a "good" idea but I wonder how many homes will go up in smoke when someone not familiar with them installs a non dimmable one in a circuit with a dimmer? I understand that the dimmable ones has compatability issues with certain types of dimmers as well.

Perhaps I should forward this link to my state rep.

Preheat and T-12 fluorescents forever! Down with LED's and instant start T-8 fluorescents.

SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Could this be what GE plans to use in the new HEI incandescent bulb? « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:40 PM » Author: SeanB~1
Not to mention that the CFL contains mercury ( don't tell the greenies) and that the solder inside is lead based ( You tell me why a chinese maker will use crappy lead free solder that costs much more when lead is so cheap inside China from all the recycled equipment sent there for recycling). Not to mention they will not fit!

But looking at Web saw that there is a LED retrofit modulefor the GE Cobrahead.

Cost is $750 odd,
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies