Author Topic: Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp  (Read 2926 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp « on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:59 PM » Author: Powell
It's got a white Westinghouse T8 15 watt that says AC and DC. VERY little use as there is only some very slight coloring on the ends. It is a  LOT brighter than the old GE bulbs I have. I need to try it next to some SP-35 lamps.

:a_fluor:

The white around the socket and above where the bulb goes is very yellow. I need to do a lot of cleaning there. The packaging was nearly destroyed but the fixture and lamp survived.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160651665692?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

NNNN!

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp « Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:46:11 PM » Author: paintballer22
Nice lamp at lest it made it in one piece.
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp « Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:48:15 AM » Author: Powell
Indeed I am glad it made it safely. The desk lamp is very bright. The ballast seems to overdrive the bulb a good bit. Even a T 12 bulb gets hot. The ballast appears  not to get hot. The Westinghouse bulb is noticably brighter than a GE White of the era, but can't come close to a SP 35.  I am glad the fixture can hold a T 12. It also appears that the fixture was in a smoking environment.

Powell

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp « Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 04:58:20 PM » Author: Ash
I am happy to hear it too, though with good packaging this should not even be a concern - 2 boxes and a load of styrofoam / newspapers / plastic bags / etc. inside and between, are quite good protection and there is no reason to not use it (or ask the sender to)

Maybe the ballast inside is for different volt / freq ? a 60HZ ballast on 50HZ, or 100V ballast on 120V, could overdrive the lamp
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Green antique desk lamp with Westinghouse white lamp « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 06:13:46 PM » Author: don93s
Nice lamp...definitely an old classic.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies