Author Topic: Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind.  (Read 5014 times)
imj
Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind. « on: September 27, 2011, 04:11:11 AM » Author: imj
This and the other EYE-Sunlux HPS got left behind during routine maintenance of lighting at our flat premises. I like the colour change of this compared to the EYE-Sunlux 70w because so far their lamps I've seen do not loose much if any sodium during lifetime so there's not much colour shift during warm-up.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKvx7YydKQ
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 04:13:07 AM by imj » Logged
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind. « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 12:31:08 AM » Author: slipperypete
I love those SON lamps.  Do they still make them?  Haven't seen them in the local stores in ages.

Bulb bans = Fascism

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind. « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 03:59:14 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Yes you can tell its well worked, going on how it flairs up blue on run up, interesting how the glow bottle is still bright though.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind. « Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 05:22:47 PM » Author: Ash
I guess because it is doing very little actual work :

Switch start fluorescent take at least 2-3 flashes to start. The HPS start usually on the 1st try

Switch start fluorescents that cycle (ie rectify so that the starter drops back in and restarts them) cycle at a speed of once in few seconds at most, while the cycle of the HPS is minute or longer
imj
Re: Worn out Philips SON-E 70w I that got left behind. « Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 11:47:36 AM » Author: imj
I love those SON lamps.  Do they still make them?  Haven't seen them in the local stores in ages.

Yes they still make them. Where I live ignitors for 70w HPS lamps are rare so internal ignitor lamps are more widely used since they save cost for the ignitor.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies