Author Topic: Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control!  (Read 1811 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control! « on: November 02, 2011, 04:14:45 AM » Author: dor123
Recently i have noted that many HPS posttop lanterns in Nesher city, that had 70W internal ignitor HPS before, had downgraded (By retrofitting) with 827 color, energy saving CFLs, despite HPS lamps are much more efficient, shines much brighter and have longer life.
In the same city, near Tel-Hanan center and Hataasia st., i saw several Philips Triangels/Ben-Hur Andor Angle Triangle clone lanterns, that had flea market 865 color energy saving helical CFLs instead of HID lamps.
These aren't the only cases that i encountered, where an HID lamps were replaced by an energy saving CFL lamps.
In Ein-Gev, All of the polycarbonate white mercury globes with 125W MV lamps were replaced by Ben-Hur transparent plastic globes with flea market (MATCH) high wattage (45W), 865 color helical CFLs (See here) . This degraded the lumen output (See here) , while rised the glare of the lanterns .
In the center of Stella Maris neighborhood in Haifa, most of the 125W MV lamps in the white globes there, replaced by flea market 865 color CFLs.
Almost all of the PL fixtures for homes was disappeared from the "Do it yourself" and lighting stores and replaced by fixtures for E27 CFLs.
All of the PL desk lamps discontinued and replaced by E27 desk lamps for CFLs.
In short terms: The israeli people don't know which type of lamp should be replaced to CFL to really get an energy saving (Incandescent) and often replaces more efficient solutions (HID, PL) with energy saving CFLs.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:16:11 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control! « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:05:42 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
when cheap and nasty is all that sells soon that is all you will be able to find.
what you are seeing is being driven by cheap.that will soon be offset by labor to replace all those fleamarket grade bulbs on a regular basis.unless of course labor is cheap there.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control! « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:26:25 AM » Author: dor123
toomanybulbs: But the rate of these horrible things of replacing HIDs and external ballasted CFLs (PL) with energy saving CFL and LEDs is insufferable.
And i will take you another horrible "Green" makeover that i had encountered: At our vacation at Ein-Gev resort village, i noted that all of the preheat/switchstart downlighters for two 2-pin PL-C (13W or 18W probably) lamps were gone, and replaced by unreliable LED downlighters.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control! « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:12 PM » Author: Ash
And i just now bought 2 Osram France incandescents in a local hardware shop, they told me that they expect them to disappear soon as half of teir suppliers no longer stock any incandescents

For real, we need those "NTC labels" that make lightbulbs last longer
paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Suspects that the market of energy saving CFLs in Israel is out of control! « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:18:32 PM » Author: paintballer22
I think it will get worse when all the incandescent bans go threw.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies