Author Topic: F30T8 CW life test  (Read 2065 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

F30T8 CW life test « on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:10 PM » Author: Powell
I got one at Lowes last night and put it in my single lamp rapid start fixture and it did start. I HAD the 50's GE "Standard Cool White" in there. It, when new would not light in it, but I had put it in the lag side of my 2 lamp RS fixture with a T12 in the other side and it lit. So as it amassed a good many hours it would light. I a going to see how this works out. I could NEVER get any of my "NEW" F30T8 Duro Test Optima 50s to light on this unit. I rigged a way where I could I used some very thin speaker wire ( the ones with one wire in each wire) and hooked it up to one side, and gave it a boost with a 12 volt Gel battery. That's cheating. 

The GE lamp was made in Hungary. I will report back on what transpires...whatever year that is...... ;D :D

Addition:  When should I see any aging on the ends ?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:41:41 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F30T8 CW life test « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:07:56 PM » Author: Powell
Update. I went to my local ACE hardware and  they had new F30T8 lamps from Indonesia. BOO HISS. Horrible quality. The one I put installed in January, Hungary made looks like I put it in yesterday. I took BOTH of them and put it in my dual 30 watt high power factor fixture in my radio building and to my amazement they lit. It was quite a bit slow, and a very interesting fade up. Now the test will really tell me something.

NNNN!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: F30T8 CW life test « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:08:34 PM » Author: Silverliner
Yup, the reason you see these indonesia lamps is because the Hungarian GE fluorescent plant is gone, closed last year.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F30T8 CW life test « Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 11:03:10 AM » Author: Powell
That is not bad.  That is very, VERY bad.   The 15 watt Indonesian 15 watt K&B lamp  recently got  is VERY poor quality !!   ??? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F30T8 CW life test « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:48 AM » Author: Powell
Update....the Hungarian bulb has substantial brown on one end, and it has done a few thoussand hours more than the Indonesian lamp which has a light tan spot and nice strong end banding on one end. 

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: F30T8 CW life test « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 11:13:23 AM » Author: Ash
They would do that sometimes back when they were named Tungsram

And it is indeed very bad with the Tungsram (GE) factory, they were the last good lamps i seen here
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies