Author Topic: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016.  (Read 8501 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016. « Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 01:23:31 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Chapman, I'd say LED traffic lights are excellent since they have good colour rendering for red, yellow and green, plus the modules can be easily retrofitted into existing traffic lights, therefore being cheaper than a major LED streetlight installation.

Yeah I wish people just realise how good the HID lighting technology is and how LED is not as what it promises when it comes to street lighting

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016. « Reply #31 on: November 14, 2020, 07:13:58 PM » Author: Binarix128
Even a petition gets millions of firms the people that backs such bans wouldn't change their minds just by a site that collects firms over the big interests and money behind the ban, and the average person will just eat the ban and will buy the new product.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016. « Reply #32 on: November 15, 2020, 01:48:00 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I think LED's are great for traffic lights, but not for street lighting. Besides, there no significant cost reductions to the customer anyway because LED street lights are still way more expensive than HID ones and the technology's durability is unproven. Not to mention there are potential distribution and maintenance costs that negate any savings. I just hope people wake up to the truth about LED street lights before it's too late. Just because something looks good doesn't mean it is.

Are there still people who want to ban HID lamps in favor of LED?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016. « Reply #33 on: November 15, 2020, 02:24:04 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Are there still people who want to ban HID lamps in favor of LED?

No at this point, the ball is already rolling in the LED world, the HIDs are just getting discontinued voluntarily since they don't sell these days. Everyone has LED fever and that alone is doing the damage now. The bans in the past were just a push to help get this started.

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Petition online to protect mercury vapor bulbs from being banned on 2016. « Reply #34 on: November 15, 2020, 02:53:27 PM » Author: joseph_125
No at this point, the ball is already rolling in the LED world, the HIDs are just getting discontinued voluntarily since they don't sell these days. Everyone has LED fever and that alone is doing the damage now. The bans in the past were just a push to help get this started.

Agreed, HID and fluorescent have been dying a slow death since the mid 2010s when mass conversions to LED and more importantly, the use of only LED for most new installations really took off. With less demand, the manufacturers will start to discontinue low demand and low margin products.

Granted I have a feeling most HID and fluorescent will get cut in five years dues to mercury concerns as the reason.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies