Author Topic: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse  (Read 3637 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « on: April 14, 2012, 02:21:37 PM » Author: Powell
The package came today and it was destroyed, crushed with a gaping hole in the package. If the package had been metal it still would have destroyed the lamp. Sent a note to the seller. The other one I got awhile back came fine.  I WILL be having a discussion with the Post Office. 

G R R R R R !!

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 03:10:20 PM » Author: Ash
How do you/the sellers pack stuff that this happens ?

You all know what to expect from the post office, so pack accordingly in the 1st place
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 07:43:39 PM » Author: Powell
It was well packed. It was severely punctured and nothing could survive the damage it took.  Worse than the Titanic and the iceberg...... >:(

NNNN!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 07:16:15 AM » Author: funkybulb
 WTF! >:( the only problem if the package is not insured they can give you a run around.
I had one time in flat rate box the a kilowatt MV ballast hit the floor and put a chip in the post office floor. before the post woman put it over the counter where I can pick up the ballast. I inpected the ballast it was showing bare copper windings. it insured, i got my money back and they got a chipped floor they get to admire.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:18:20 AM by funkybulb » Logged

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:58:29 AM » Author: Powell
I will take a picture or 2 of this.....   >:( :P

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 11:14:44 AM » Author: Ash
Funkybulb :D for the floor

The ballast probably happened t turn with the corner with the wire down - Ouch... If it would fall with other side it would remain intact maybe just be noisy when working
LowPressureSodiumSOX
Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 04:22:24 PM » Author: LowPressureSodiumSOX
Did it get run into a wall, car crash, or fell off a office tower ?
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 06:10:03 PM » Author: Silverliner
OUCH!!! Hope this gets taken care of! Shame that another historic lamp got destroyed.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 02:12:03 PM » Author: Powell
She said to send her pictures so she could make a claim. NOW I have to find the camera...... ???

Picture is now posted..... SIGH!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:04:09 PM by Powell » Logged

NNNN!

vintagefluorescent

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:10:27 AM » Author: vintagefluorescent
I`ve had to find out the hard way too,  It seems the ultimate goal for the us postal service is to destroy things - I base this on my experience , For now on its best to use either fed-ex or united parcel , Or have it sent by bus.

The package came today and it was destroyed, crushed with a gaping hole in the package. If the package had been metal it still would have destroyed the lamp. Sent a note to the seller. The other one I got awhile back came fine.  I WILL be having a discussion with the Post Office. 

G R R R R R !!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Post Office destroyed my F14T12D Westinghouse « Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:42:18 PM » Author: Powell
Fed-EX and UPS are worse. One of them destroyed a tube for the old 50,000 watt AM in Columbia. It was sent for a rebuild with original packing that it came in and they declined to honor the insurance. A "NEW" tube was tens of thousands of dollars. I think an attorney threat made them eventually pay up.

Powell

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies