Author Topic: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers  (Read 2993 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « on: April 23, 2012, 07:34:44 AM » Author: dor123
It seems to me, that the israeli household lamps market, seems to closes its doors to the large manufacturers from Europe, and lets only lamps from generic brandstickers to be entered into.
Really!!! you simply can't see and buy Philips, GE, Havells-Sylvania, Radium, Leuci and other lamps from large manufacturers in lighting and hardware stores in Israel anymore!!!!!!!
Osram is the only company that its lamps still marketed in hardware and lighting shops in Israel, while all the rest lamps are all generic brandstickers that invented in Israel and are orphans (Not belongs to any known manufacturer) such as Flash, Luxten, Eurolux, Electra Lighting, Hyundai Light and Electricity, Orsol, Match and etc...
This means, that if i would buy a 21W T5 fluorescent lamp for my T5 fixture that not made by Osram or that isn't a generic, I can only do this via the wholesalers shops!!!!!!!

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:09:09 PM » Author: Ash
I noticed this too. Currently the only decent lamps we have are Osram and Eurolux
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 05:51:37 PM » Author: Medved
I think it is more the market pressure:
Most people are blinded by the low purchase cost per unit, so do not buy the more expensive ones.
When there is no demand, resellers stop ordering them from manufacturers and give up contracts with them.
And the few people still interested to pay more for a better quality are too few for the resellers to serve, they better streamline their offers to save on logistic and marketing costs, as the volume could not make the whole business profitable for them. This get worse, when tighter formal requirements are in force in the given country (if the importer have to translate the manual and handle it's distribution,...) and when these things get more expensive - when these costs (serving no technical added value) could not be diluted into large sale quantities.
This is problem of all small countries with their own language or special legislation...

No more selfballasted c***

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:00:50 PM » Author: BG101
It's quite hard to find big manufacturer branded incandescent bulbs in smaller shops in England now, only the larger supermarkets seem to sell them and they are only the low-wattage ones which have so far escaped the ban, you won't get a 100W pearl GLS E27 or B22 in Sainsbury's, Asda or Tesco.

There are huge numbers of cheap brand GLS bulbs of all common wattages on sale in the independent shops and some of the local chains although only the hardware stores/wholesalers have anything above 100W. Examples I can think of at the moment are Lyvia, Eveready and Supalite.

BG
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:03:10 PM by BG101 » Logged

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 11:25:52 PM » Author: dor123
It's quite hard to find big manufacturer branded incandescent bulbs in smaller shops in England now, only the larger supermarkets seem to sell them and they are only the low-wattage ones which have so far escaped the ban, you won't get a 100W pearl GLS E27 or B22 in Sainsbury's, Asda or Tesco.

There are huge numbers of cheap brand GLS bulbs of all common wattages on sale in the independent shops and some of the local chains although only the hardware stores/wholesalers have anything above 100W. Examples I can think of at the moment are Lyvia, Eveready and Supalite.

BG
I'm meaning especially to the CFLs, fluorescents, halogen energy savers and LEDs. From these, you can't find lamps from any manufacturer in hardware or lighting shop in Israel, other than Osram.
With incandescent lamps, this is of course.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:31:16 PM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 01:23:39 AM » Author: BG101
I think it is equally true of CFLs here, the vast majority are Chinese junk with a high initial failure rate and short life. Decent (Branded) CFLs can usually only be bought at wholesalers and the supermarkets, my local Aladdin's Cave a.k.a. hardware store stocks mostly cheap CFLs (they do stock a variety of fluorescent tubes by decent manufacturers, as do the wholesalers who generally don't sell crap over the counter).

Halogen energy savers are similar. Some shops stock whatever they can get hold of, Maplin for example, which is where I bought mine from, but do sometimes get branded stuff in. I think the supermarkets do have the higher wattages in this case.

Fluorescent tubes aren't generally available in supermarkets but the shops which do sell them only sell decent branded ones (except some of the miniature T5s and probably most or even all of the T4s). In fact I can't remember ever seeing a dodgy brand name on a T8 or T12 tube.

BG

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 02:54:10 AM » Author: Ash
Here it is not consistent. You can sometimes find Eurolux (good) in "Alladin caves", and Hyundai Semi (this) in the supermarkets (which currently stocks Jeko which are good). Though normally it is the way you describe

As for fluorescents, Home center stock loads of Osram Basic China (halophosphates), sometimes Osram Lumilux Germany (triphosphor), and currently also Hyunday China (halophosphates) - thats for T8. All the PL-L are Hyundai and the 2D (which are generally rare, like come and go product except in specialized lighting stores) are Opple which i havent even seen before
BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 06:04:05 AM » Author: BG101
I had a look on the shelf of my local corner shop and all the CFLs are GE branded, the incandescent candle bulbs (which seem to be popular here) are Osram, whereas the GLS (E27 and B22) bulbs are Maxim branded. I bought a few 40W E27 pearl bulbs, wonder how long they'll last compared to the relatively short-lived 40W golf-balls which I currently use in one of the stairways and the cupboard downstairs.

BG

Globe Collector

View Posts
View Gallery

Preserving the Brightest Ideas of Our Age

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 08:57:42 AM » Author: Globe Collector
Here in Australia Huyndai only market cars, but I know Korean Chaybols will make anything. I have seen Samsung branded Formic Acid in a Chem Store before, so a Hyundai C.F.L. is not suprising. Their cars aren't much, so having not perfected them, lets try our hand at something totally different, C.F.L.s !
     Tell me, were there ever any lamp manufacturers in Israel? I'd love to get my hands on any type of Isreali lamp, preferably with some nice Hebrew characters in its etch!

Manufactured articles should be made to be used, not made to be sold!

Fee, Fye, Fow, Fum, A dead man's eye and a parrot's BUM!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The israeli household lamps market seems to be closing to large manufacturers « Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 09:08:40 AM » Author: dor123
Globe Collector: One thing that you need to know: On anything that is related to automobile, Hyundai is NOT a company name, but a generic brand (Brand Sticker), that isn't related to Hyundai Motors at all, and is an israeli invention. The Hyundai CFLs that marketed in Israel are made by a generic factory in China, that its location is unknown.
This is correct also for other stuff that marketed under this name, such as tools, electricity, etc...
Indeed the real Hyundai company, only produces automobiles.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies