Author Topic: what a sad site  (Read 2556 times)
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

what a sad site « on: April 27, 2007, 09:39:52 PM » Author: prawnman88
anyhow ove here in arizona were getting a "light rail" thats actually about 50 yrs late anyhow there was a old used car lot and had what i think was a ov-20 on it all mint anyhow they have been expanding the street to add tracks and they were going to knock some poles down well this was a real upset. so i go over to the spot today and no more poles what a upset i asked the security guard if i could look at the poles sure enough it was there glass smashed and the fixture just trashed looked like one of pat's durastars, the bulb was intact and the ballast looked good so i asked can i salvage them the guard said not while i am here but the srp crew will be back monday. i said ok thx he was giving me a little attitude but i said im just a colector of old streetlights nothing more so his guard went down i always think if u smile wave and are polite u can atleast look but man what a damm shame !!!!!!! so maybe ill go back and see if i can get the bulb and ballast man what a bummer such a shame to just knock things over and let them break !!!!!! ok im done ranting  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
dp
Re: what a sad site « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 12:22:15 PM » Author: dp
with the amount of the crying smilies it means you are really upset.  :( Man I don't know why engineers don't think that they may be of use to people.  >:( :'(
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what a sad site « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:33:51 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Awww Richy I feel bad for you! really me, Jayce, for this sad times you saw!

But hey look at the few bright side.....I see you got lots of nice fixtures and nice old old old fixtures.....you sure got lots of older looking fixtures that I dont EVEN have!

Also here's a better brighter side......a wonderful baby is coming! Be a happy Father and be the best father you can be! God would want you to look out for your baby more than the lights though!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

dp
Re: what a sad site « Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 04:36:32 PM » Author: dp
congratulations on the baby Rich!  :D
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: what a sad site « Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 05:08:14 PM » Author: prawnman88
yeah thx guys i was just scouting i have a light for her actually a gumball nightlight
dp
Re: what a sad site « Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 05:11:20 PM » Author: dp
that is a good idea for a nightlight, as long as it isn't too bright!  ;)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies