Author Topic: how recover bulbs etch  (Read 2014 times)
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

how recover bulbs etch « on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:41 PM » Author: marcopete87
Hi, recentely i recovered two T12 40W in recycle center, but the etches faded away.
Because one of them is very strange (it have metal strip and half is more coated with phospor), but i can't
see the etch, is there any way to recover it?
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how recover bulbs etch « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 04:19:14 PM » Author: sol
I believe some people rub powdered graphite and it catches in the writing, thus revealing it. If the etch was simply ink, then there is little chance of getting it. I have also found very worn etches on which I breathed in order to steam up the glass. If done in very bright light (sunlight works best) you can see the etch on the phosphor below on the other side of the glass. Wouldn't work on inside etches or on clear lamps, though. Hope this helps.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how recover bulbs etch « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:42 PM » Author: Ash
Some etches glow under UVA. Others can be repainted with pencil but you have some risk of scratching off the etch too
funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how recover bulbs etch « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:10:34 PM » Author: funkybulb
 I have recover the etch of a 50 year commemerative lamp so i can take a photo
  what I did took a soft lead pencil. scrap the lead into powerdered graphite dust with a razor blade
 on to a sheet of toilet paper. wipe over it few times to see if it brings them out. hope fully that works out for ya.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how recover bulbs etch « Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 08:24:23 PM » Author: toomanybulbs
on vacuum tubes i put it in the freezer a while.
moisture will condense on it and sometimes show up the faint markings.
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: how recover bulbs etch « Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:04:41 AM » Author: marcopete87
uff, i tried to recover, but they seems to have no brand  :-\
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies