Author Topic: GEC Z5300 - Ex Queensland Railways Platform Light  (Read 1967 times)
Huggies
GEC Z5300 - Ex Queensland Railways Platform Light « on: September 12, 2012, 06:50:49 AM » Author: Huggies
Hello,

This is my first post on this forum. I've just recently obtained a GEC Z5300 which was used by Queensland Railways at their Wulkuraka Station until 1993. The bloke who sold it to me also has a spare glass bowl which fits to this light but I'm not sure if I will need it yet.

The biggest issue at the moment is the enamel reflector which has some rust damage with one of the clips for the bowl missing. Anyone know where to obtain another enamel reflector or have one spare they could part with ? I'm thinking if a replacement is impossible to obtain then I may repair the current one. Not sure if I could use the original bowl or fit it with a Clipsal Dome light like they have done to this one at Laidley Railway Station.

Any advice / help on this one would be greatly appreciated.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: GEC Z5300 - Ex Queensland Railways Platform Light « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:13:34 PM » Author: Ash
I think you can go on and repair this one - weld (or rivet) sheet metal part where needed and paint it well. If you need clip for the glass retention it can probably be bent from galvanized steel wire - but beter inspect it to see if it rusts with time, as if it does it can drop the refractor
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies