Author Topic: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture  (Read 2190 times)
Prismatic

View Posts
View Gallery

Manuel

slprismatic
Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « on: October 09, 2012, 05:31:46 AM » Author: Prismatic
This is crazy. Incandescent lamps get banned and Ikea is selling a LED fixture which delivers 22 Lumen per Watts.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30207768/

"Good to know
The lamp emits 500 lumen, which is approximately equal to the light emitted by a 60-watt incandescent bulb.
Built-in LED light source.
LED life time approx. 20.000 hours.
Light colour; warm white (3000 Kelvin).
Energy consumption: 23W."

How can they get through with this?
This PHILIPS MASTERCapsule is more efficient than the IKEA led fixture  ???

http://www.leuchtmittelmarkt.com//themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=181579&source=2

Prismatic@YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/slprismatic

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 07:04:01 AM » Author: dor123
LEDs can have up to 50lm/w max in general lighting, and can only get more than this, in the laboratory conditions.
The LEDs have no place in general lighting (Where its life is shorter than all other types of electric light sources).
Even the L-Prize lamp, don't reach the claimed 90lm/w that Philips states, as there is no way to achieve more than 50lm/w with LEDs in general lighting.
This is an example for an extorting money from the consumers (This fixture isn't worth the value for money).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 11:30:18 AM » Author: Ash
Typical 240V 60W incandescent is about 710Lm - 120V lamp is even brighter

So that 500Lm is about 45W in incandescent

What else 23W is hell of a lot of power for a LED lamp - its dissipating a lot of power as heat, wonder how long it lives ?
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:36 AM » Author: Silverliner
And Ikea says they will sell only LEDs by 2016 maybe they will become the most wasteful in lighting with efficienies like this?

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 06:16:27 AM » Author: Medved
This PHILIPS MASTERCapsule is more efficient than the IKEA led fixture  ???

http://www.leuchtmittelmarkt.com//themes/kategorie/detail.php?artikelid=181579&source=2

You can not really compare the naked lamp with complete fixture.
First in the fixture the halogen wouldneed the ballast, so the efficacy would drop by about 10% due to ballast losses.
But most important is the fixture efficiency (the ratio between the lumens going from the fixture to the lumens emited by the lamp itself): With many desk lamps this is barely 30% (dark screen,...), so 100lm/W lamp could yield only 30lm/W fixture.
But on the other hand the LED's beam pattern (half-sphere) should allow to build fixtures with way higher efficiencies, ~80% should be easy attainable...

No more selfballasted c***

Alights

View Posts
View Gallery

USA (120V 60HZ)

Re: Crazy - 22 lm/W IKEA LED fixture « Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 09:31:33 AM » Author: Alights
Saw this lamp at Ikea last time i was there...it had an ok light output...but looked interesting
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies