Author Topic: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ?  (Read 2025 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « on: December 01, 2012, 10:49:56 AM » Author: Powell
Daylight

I got some cheap from an eBay store. Sunlite Manufacturing Brooklyn, NY but made in China.  One lamp when manually preheating would light red on one end and after about 5 seconds turn to white. That end in 40 hours in a few hours daily in a lamp in my bedroom had put some end banding with another brown band closer in and some browning closer in than that. So I moved it to my night fluorescent over the refrigerator. After a few days the bands have gone, leaving only a very slight hint of brown.  Lets see how long this lasts.  The lamp is starter started preheat with a Dura FS-2NA starter. GE potted ballast from around 1950.  The lamp base gets mildly warm to the touch. 

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:03 AM » Author: Powell
As of tonight,December 9, 2012  the bulb has only a very slight trace of tan where the darker brown was earlier. Now we shall see how long this lasts.  :a_fluor:

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 02:29:48 PM » Author: Powell
December 21 and there is still that even lighter trace of brown ( aging) and doing 12 hours or more overnight, in a desklamp with switch and automatic reset starter....

NNNN!

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 11:45:20 AM » Author: Powell
As of today, there is mild brown on both ends. Not bad.  I purchased some more and these have cathode guards. Visible construction of these lamps is excellent, unlike the GE made in Indonesia.

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 02:15:57 PM » Author: Ash
Have pics. esp. laser of the contents and a good view of the end cap (so maybe itll be possible to identify it with one of the Chinese tubes i have as coming from same factory)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 12:44:48 AM » Author: Powell
I can take pictures but I have no laser.

Powell

NNNN!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Sunlite F15T8DL aging ? « Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 01:53:21 PM » Author: Ash
Any point light source (white LED + foil with pin hole in it etc)
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies