Author Topic: Are the Thorn Alpha 2000 and the Thorn Riviera the same lantern?  (Read 1633 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Are the Thorn Alpha 2000 and the Thorn Riviera the same lantern? « on: February 05, 2013, 02:05:41 PM » Author: dor123
As you know, many new Thorn Alpha 2000/Carat appears in Haifa, Jerusalem and Tiberias. This despite this lantern isn't manufacuted anymore.
To check what this should be means, I entered Thorn electronic catalog, The Alpha 2000/Carat isn't appears in the catalong, but than found this Thorn Riviera , which looks almost exactly as the Thorn Alpha 2000/Carat.
Is the Riviera, the new lantern that installed in Haifa and not the Alpah 2000/Carat?
Thorn Alpha 2000/Carat at Phozagora's website.
An example of a new installation of lanterns in Haifa .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are the Thorn Alpha 2000 and the Thorn Riviera the same lantern? « Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 02:47:53 PM » Author: Ash
No, there is difference in the shape, constrution and poibly material of the top part
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Are the Thorn Alpha 2000 and the Thorn Riviera the same lantern? « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 04:57:18 PM » Author: AngryHorse
You are quite correct Ash, the Alpha 2000 has a pressure die-cast aluminium canopy, and the Riviera 1 and 2 have a Polypropylene, fibre glass one.

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies