Author Topic: SOX 90W FCO fittings 50% price reduced on US ebay  (Read 2412 times)
SOX55W

View Posts
View Gallery

120V 60Hz here!

SOX 90W FCO fittings 50% price reduced on US ebay « on: February 05, 2013, 05:28:54 PM » Author: SOX55W
Just noticed the Spaulding palomar 90W FCO SOX fixtures that have been on US ebay for awhile have been reduced to 50% and there's only 5 left.  I had bought one awhile ago and they are really nicely made fittings.  All welded and powder coated aluminum.  A new Advance SOX 90W ballast kit alone costs more than twice the shipped cost.  They are San Jose CA city surplus from what I can tell by the markings on my box.  Just throwing a heads up for those that didn't want to pay $160 before and forgot about them. No affiliation, just very happy that I got one myself.  The reflector is very modern and very effective.

Bring SOX lamps back!!!

FYI, LED's are NOT the most efficient lighting technology available! Don't know how people keep coming to that conclusion!

My other interests: sports cars, refrigeration, microcontroller projects, computer hardware, and any sort of custom fabrication.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: SOX 90W FCO fittings 50% price reduced on US ebay « Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:09:50 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've been watching those for quite awhile now.
Shipping is more than the fixture...but I have been sorta tempted to order one

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

cedup
Re: SOX 90W FCO fittings 50% price reduced on US ebay « Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:54:06 AM » Author: cedup
Just noticed the Spaulding palomar 90W FCO SOX fixtures that have been on US ebay for awhile have been reduced to 50% and there's only 5 left.  I had bought one awhile ago and they are really nicely made fittings.  All welded and powder coated aluminum.  A new Advance SOX 90W ballast kit alone costs more than twice the shipped cost.  They are San Jose CA city surplus from what I can tell by the markings on my box.  Just throwing a heads up for those that didn't want to pay $160 before and forgot about them. No affiliation, just very happy that I got one myself.  The reflector is very modern and very effective.
SOX is the most efficient, monochromatic,  sue several around here 18, 35, 55, 90W SRP in pk lot  SOX MiniSox 30 + years in use Just replaced a  32 year old Philips 35W sox wallpack, plastic lens finally got too yellow, block light output, if I could have found a new lens it would still be up with a Hubbell 55w wall Pack(uses 55 or 35w SOX lamp, same Advance Philips ballast) It might as well be Philips, lamp, ballast and Kulka socket all Philips (kulka was) Stonco is now Philips surplus on ebay 18W American Electric 18W wall packs (not like original mini sox but quality, all philips inside) Philips sold it's Van Wert fixture div to American Elctric years ago, these are copys, but not as heavy work fine stock up, guy has as  skid load of em  and Stonco(Philips) 18W GLASS lens wall packs great stuff cheap SOX it to me.  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:56:15 AM by cedup » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies