Author Topic: Which SBMV lamp is recommended? Osram, Philips or Yaming?  (Read 2020 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Which SBMV lamp is recommended? Osram, Philips or Yaming? « on: February 11, 2013, 06:12:38 AM » Author: dor123
As I left with only the Philips ML 160W, after my Osram HWL 160W burned out, and hardware and lighting stores are no longer selling SBMV lamps in Israel, and I don't want to get involved with online buying of SBMV lamps, I asked the Haifa branch of Hashmal Yashir, and they said me, that they have 160W SBMV lamps of three brands: Osram, Philips and Yaming.
What is the brand of SBMV lamps that you recommended from all of the three?
I currently asked my father to buy Philips, despite my personal ban on them, as the Phosphor coation of the Osram SBMV, is opaque and the arc and the filament can't be seen through it (In additional to the fact, that the frame of the lamp is off centered, as seen in my now burned out Osram HWL 160W), and Yaming are known to me, as lamps of very low quality.
I will change my preference, if someone say else.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 06:18:12 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

imj
Re: Which SBMV lamp is recommended? Osram, Philips or Yaming? « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 10:41:44 AM » Author: imj
It's about personal preference. Philips I prefer because of the bulb shape but it is inconsistent from lamp to lamp some have longer neck while another one has shorter neck. Osram is more consistant.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:46:55 AM by imj » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which SBMV lamp is recommended? Osram, Philips or Yaming? « Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:10 AM » Author: Ash
Maybe you can go to the shop and see each of them

If the Osram and Philips are the same as i knew them i'd take the Osram

And interesting what Yaming are - they are the factory in China that takes over some of the deprecated/banned HID production. Worth checking out what to expect from the lamp which might be the only one available in the future. I'd consider getting a 2nd lamp from Yaming
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Which SBMV lamp is recommended? Osram, Philips or Yaming? « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 12:18:36 PM » Author: dor123
I will go tommorow with my father, after I will return from Carmel hospital to Merkazit Hamifratz central bus station of the north Haifa, to Hasmal Yashir wholesale, and see the SBMV lamps. I probably will buy one Osram and one Yaming. If I will see Sylvania SBMV lamps, I will prefer it over Osram, as both Danny and Bulb Freak, recommended me the Sylvania SBMV lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies