Author Topic: 40 watt Sylvania CWP EOL  (Read 1564 times)
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

40 watt Sylvania CWP EOL « on: March 07, 2013, 04:22:08 PM » Author: Powell
This lamp had been in the production room fixtures for a very long time and one end had  a black spot the size of a thumb. That was NOT the end that went EOL. It's in RS service and I got irregular flickering and then it went on working. So I removed it to finish it off at home. Date code is EOE4 with the first E underlined. Any one ? What's the date on this one?

Powell

NNNN!

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: 40 watt Sylvania CWP EOL « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 02:14:39 AM » Author: Silverliner
thats a long life man! the lamp was mfd in august 2000 at the versailles, ky fluorescent plant.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 40 watt Sylvania CWP EOL « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 01:26:19 PM » Author: Powell
Other (GE) bulbs came and went and this one held on for years.

I took it home. It burned in ONE side of the 1950's preheater, the other side it would just blink and go out when I removedt the starter.  It burned for an hour and started doing orange and purple at the EOL end and it finally went out, and just blinked. So I moved to a HPF single 40 watt ballast I got some swirling and orange. It finally just went dim. THEN I went to the solid state ballast for 25,30,34 and 40 watt lamps. It went a long time and I got soem very violent swirling and BRIGHT orange. It settled down again and finally SSSSSSSSS.  It wasn't very orange at the time. It removed phosphors in a round circle, and with an LED flashlight I saw it had melted part of the wires that held up the filament on one side and had actually moved them out wider......

NNNN!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies