Author Topic: philips OF 10 ozone generator  (Read 3586 times)
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

philips OF 10 ozone generator « on: March 16, 2013, 06:28:37 AM » Author: marcopete87
Hi all, today i bought an "Philips OF 10" with "philipz S O Z 4w" bulb in it.
does anyone have any information about it?  ???
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: philips OF 10 ozone generator « Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:02:44 PM » Author: marcopete87
update: the lamp is similar of this http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/GE%20G4S11.htm ; i'm using this lamp in my bathroom and, after 1h of use, the nearerst part of the sink is glowing in the dark ???  :o ???
toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: philips OF 10 ozone generator « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 08:56:10 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
put that thing out of direct view!
the uv it generates is very bad for eyes.
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: philips OF 10 ozone generator « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:23:37 AM » Author: marcopete87
i know it, so i'm using this as ozone generator in closed room.
migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: philips OF 10 ozone generator « Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:04:38 AM » Author: migette1
These lamps best for collection not using as they are harmful to eyes and ozone a modified form of oxygen may sterilize the air and kill bacteria is a poison. Years ago these units were available where the lamps were run in series with a small fan in a closed box no light escaping just air passing through it being cleaned. These bulbs were either G-E or Philips. Ozone is a very strong oxidising agent TAKE  CARE

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: philips OF 10 ozone generator « Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 05:17:31 AM » Author: Medved
Being the oxidizer is not the main problem with the O3.
The O3 is a similar poison as the carbon monooxide: It block the hemoglobine ability to transport the oxygen.
Normally the oxygen break to single atoms before being carried by the hemoglobine. In this form it could be released back where needed, hence the normal oxygen transport.
But the ozone break to single oxygen atom and an O2 molecule. The single atom bond to the hemoglobine normally, but the O2 bond in the way it can not be released anymore, so that part of hemoglobine is not usable for oxygen transport anymore.
Once a significant amount of the hemoglobine become disaled in this way, there won't be enough hemoglobine to actually do the oxygen transport work and you start to suffocate...

Certain concentration of O3 could be handled well by people (the blood cell regeneration is fast enough to recover with good margin) and still is effectivein breaking the odors and disinfecting the area. But the problem is, the ozone generation units do not have any means to monitor and control the ozone concentration, so it couldeasily become way above the safe limit. And that make the ozone units quite dangerous, so their use is not recomended.

Note, than for the odor breaking, any oxidizing means is efficient, so the use of catalyst become way safer method (e.g. the most popular and according to all present knowledge safe is a TiO2 exposed to light,...)

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies